From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of gary
rodriguez
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 11:36 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] B&O Wagon Tob Boxcars

Can anyone provide me with information pertaining to the various designs
that the B&O had for the wagon top boxcars. I am researching this to
construct a model of a car that is sitting on the outskirts of my town.
Also does anyone know if any of these were saved in museums?

TIA,

Gary R.
SA, TX.

proto48er

Gary -

The car you mentioned is a B&O Class M-53, but is totally devoid of its underframe. It has been on the ground in Macdona for at least 35 years. If you search this list, there have been several posts and links to a series of excellent underframe photos for this class of cars. The excellent article in the RPC is a good starting point. I have not been to the site for several years, but it used to have an older ART steel reefer and an AT&SF rebuilt USRA boxcar for company. Are they still there?

A.T. Kott