AAR Twin hopper rebuilt into Covered hopper:

Dave Johnson

Just saw this pic on rrpicturearchives.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1709105

It looks like an old AAR hopper rebuilt into a covered hopper. Any opinions?

thanks

Dave J.

Matt Herson

The car comes from the NP 207400-207427 series used in company sand service
as lettered on the car. They were originally NP 70000-70048 series hoppers
built in 1922 and rebuilt for sand service in 1957 and 1959. This from NP
diagram sheets posted at

www.nprha.org

Another question regarding these cars: Were they purchased new or used by
the NP?

Thanks for any replys,

Matt Herson