I Second That Motion!

m repka

Yes a big thank you goes out to Mike Brock and crew who put on a great event with very few changes in clinic room locations or presenters, the schedule that I printed out more than a week before was just about the way it came down. This was the third one in a row that I have attended, each one has been slightly larger, and in my opinion, more informative, and enjoyable! As far as the weather, other than that Horizon room in the back, and the fact that none of the whole thing involves anything outside, "you can talk about the weather all you want, but you can not do anything about it", could be worse, it could be held in International Falls Mn.! Mike in St. Petersburg, where at 13:29 on Monday it is bright and sunny, but still no more than 46 out there with the wind!

Marty McGuirk

I want my money back since I was guaranteed by Mr. Brock himself "I can't promise 80 degrees, but I guarantee it won't snow. . . ."

I think that constitutes grounds for a refund. Of course, as Bill Schneider said to me Sunday morning, "We'll be living on the #$@% we give Mike for this for the next year . . ."

Seriously, well done to Mike and the rest of the gang who put on this event. The models were wonderful, the display room lively, and the clinics were, with one exception, (well two, if you count mine) outstanding. That other exception I wouldn't say was "bad" - "bizzare" comes to mind . .  . .

Got lots of great scenery tips from Lance and Bill Darnaby . . . Bill had me convinced I don't need any more ground foam, then an hour later Lance is showing me some ways to use it in conjunction with all the new scenery materials. Slightly different techniques, roughly the same materials, and both produced outstanding results.

I also really enjoyed hearing Tom Madden discuss using Archer rivets . . .

I could go on and on but won't. Well done to all.

Marty

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Marty McGuirk says:

"I want my money back since I was guaranteed by Mr. Brock himself "I can't promise 80 degrees, but I guarantee it won't snow. . . ."

"I think that constitutes grounds for a refund."

No, no no. I heard this morning that rumors of snow were unfounded. Apparently "ice pellets" fell from the sky...as proclaimed by the weather guys [ in the pay, no doubt, of local tourist leaders ].

"Of course, as Bill Schneider said to me Sunday morning, "We'll be living on the #$@% we give Mike for this for the next year . . ." "

Bill is...as usual, very perceptive. I will note, however, that when I asked Bill if he was going out to lunch on Sat, his face had a quizzical look on it and he asked..."You mean...outside?" For those that don't know...Bill is from Connecticut. Not exactly an encouraging comment for the tourist industry.

Mike Brock

Brian Carlson

I'll say right now, I'll eat lunch outside next year regardless of the weather.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.

Cheektowaga NY

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

Brian Carlson:

I'll say right now, I'll eat lunch outside next year regardless of the weather.
My wife and I go up to the Cocoa Beach IHOP about a mile north of the Hilton for a big breakfast on Friday & Saturday mornings, then forego lunch.

We're still at the Hilton and will drive over to the gulf coast later today. Just took some luggage out to our rental car, which was parked close-in to the hotel. The rear window was completely iced over. Mike, aren't there any zoning laws against this??

Let me add my thanks to all involved for a great meet. Already looking forward to next year.

Tom Madden

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Tom Madden writes:

"The rear window was completely iced over. Mike, aren't there any zoning laws against this??"

Ice!? This is indeed puzzling. Surely Tom Madden from Boulder, CO, knows what ice looks like. Perhaps it was merely a plastic covering. I could ask the hotel I suppose. Certainly I'm not going to go over and check it out. Heck, the high today is still below freezing...about 57�. But, to answer Tom...I would not be surprised if there was one today.

I will say that on Friday morning when I was home to get models, cameras, projectors etc I checked a bird bath and found a circular ice flow/ice berg about 1/4" thick floating in it...Now, to give everyone a warm...uh...a feeling of security and well being with regard to climate change in the warmer direction...this has not happened in the last 40 yrs...although in the great Christmas freeze of 1989 it would have if I had been stupid enough to venture outside to put water in one.

As everyone knows, political comments on the STMFC are not permitted and so the following is not one and I warn everyone to avoid such. Nevertheless, on one morning when I went to the car, parked way out in the parking lot, wind blowing right into me from the NW, God alone knows what the wind chill was, only the grace of God kept someone from stopping me to warn me about "global warming".

And, now back to frt cars.

Mike Brock

Andy Carlson

When the rising ocean levels flood the freight car tracks of Florida, will I then be reminded that we are not facing global warming, but rather global cooling?
-Andy Carlson, still picking roses in January, looking forward to Jail.....
Ojai CA