Sunshine Models at Timonum

charles slater

Well Martin called me this morning and he is snowed in at Wytheville, Va. off I-81 and doesn't think they will be able to go any further. He says there is over a foot of snow on the ground already with more comming and has no idea when they will be able to get out of there.

Charlie Slater

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/

pullmanboss <tgmadden@...>

Martin seems to have had a lot of problems traveling east in recent months...

Tom Madden

--- In STMFC@..., charles slater <atsfcondr42@...> wrote:

Well Martin called me this morning and he is snowed in at Wytheville, Va. off I-81 and doesn't think they will be able to go any further. He says there is over a foot of snow on the ground already with more comming and has no idea when they will be able to get out of there.

Charlie Slater

Paul <buygone@...>

Charlie:

Maybe you should suggest to Martin to return to his West Coast swing, we
don't have the snow problems out here like the East Coast.

Paul C. Koehler

_____

Well Martin called me this morning and he is snowed in at Wytheville, Va.
off I-81 and doesn't think they will be able to go any further. He says
there is over a foot of snow on the ground already with more comming and has
no idea when they will be able to get out of there.

Charlie Slater

http://clk.atdmt. <http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/>
com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/

Tim O'Connor

Although it was bitterly cold (typical), the Springfield MA
show was clear and sunny... Would be so nice if Martin could
make it up here...

Tim O'Connor

At 2/5/2010 12:11 PM Friday, you wrote:
Martin seems to have had a lot of problems traveling east in recent months...

Tom Madden

--- In STMFC@..., charles slater <atsfcondr42@...> wrote:

Well Martin called me this morning and he is snowed in at Wytheville, Va. off I-81 and doesn't think they will be able to go any further. He says there is over a foot of snow on the ground already with more comming and has no idea when they will be able to get out of there.

Charlie Slater

Tim O'Connor

Hmmph! As I recall the last two Napervilles we had some
interesting discussions about wild fires threatening modelers'
homes all over California... and aren't you overdue for another
quake? :-)

Tim O'Connor

Maybe you should suggest to Martin to return to his West Coast swing, we
don't have the snow problems out here like the East Coast.

Paul C. Koehler

Paul <buygone@...>

Tim:

Don't tell me you are afraid of a little shaking ground; we don't build here
like in Haiti.

Paul C. Koehler

_____

Hmmph! As I recall the last two Napervilles we had some
interesting discussions about wild fires threatening modelers'
homes all over California... and aren't you overdue for another
quake? :-)

Tim O'Connor

Maybe you should suggest to Martin to return to his West Coast swing, we
don't have the snow problems out here like the East Coast.

Paul C. Koehler

Andy Carlson

FIRES FLOODS DROUGHTS and Earthquakes are happening everyday! We had 3 tornados within 30 miles of me 2 weeks ago. STAY AWAY. Stay where you are all safe.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

________________________________
Hmmph! As I recall the last two Napervilles we had some
interesting discussions about wild fires threatening modelers'
homes all over California.. . and aren't you overdue for another
quake? :-)

Tim O'Connor

Maybe you should suggest to Martin to return to his West Coast swing, we
don't have the snow problems out here like the East Coast.

Paul C. Koehler

Thanks Andy! I knew all that California stuff was too good to be true!
Give me cloudy skies and bitter cold any day!

Tim O'Connor
stuck in Sterling, Massachusetts

At 2/5/2010 04:10 PM Friday, you wrote:
FIRES FLOODS DROUGHTS and Earthquakes are happening everyday! We had 3 tornados within 30 miles of me 2 weeks ago. STAY AWAY. Stay where you are all safe.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

________________________________
Hmmph! As I recall the last two Napervilles we had some
interesting discussions about wild fires threatening modelers'
homes all over California.. . and aren't you overdue for another
quake? :-)

Tim O'Connor

Maybe you should suggest to Martin to return to his West Coast swing, we
don't have the snow problems out here like the East Coast.

Paul C. Koehler

charles slater

The problem is he has a lot of eastern road kits he would like to sell, also their grand kids live back in that area and don't forget they were on their way to see the grand kids over Thanksgiving when he got the food poisning. There is a 50/50 chance they will be out this way next month for a sales day in San Bernardino on March 6 and he has paid for his sales tables at Winterail in Stockton on March 13. He is also planning to be at the SFRH&MS convention in Denver in late July.

Charlie Slater

To: STMFC@...

Well Martin called me this morning and he is snowed in at Wytheville, Va.
off I-81 and doesn't think they will be able to go any further. He says
there is over a foot of snow on the ground already with more comming and has
no idea when they will be able to get out of there.

Charlie Slater

http://clk.atdmt. <http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/>
com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Tim O'Connor says:

Thanks Andy! I knew all that California stuff was too good to be true!
Give me cloudy skies and bitter cold any day!
I second that. I can handle the bitter cold...why it's only gonna be 68� today and way below freezing tonight...44� I think. Why would anyone...

Think positive. You don't have to mow snow....whatever that is.

Mike Brock

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Well Martin called me this morning and he is snowed in at
Wytheville, Va. off I-81 and doesn't think they will be able to go
any further. He says there is over a foot of snow on the ground
already with more comming and has no idea when they will be able to
get out of there.
My children have lived for some years quite near Wytheville, are quite
accustomed to the weather, and they tell me this morning (smiling
while doing so) that the relentless continuing snowfall today on top
of a LOT of snow already on the ground (coupled to intermediate
'sandwich filling' of ice) is akin to an imaginary "coming of the
apocolypse! Nothing is moving, and no one yet can keep up with snow."

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento

Tim O'Connor

President Obama today called it "Snowmageddon". I like that description.

Tim O'Connor

At 2/6/2010 01:43 PM Saturday, you wrote:
Well Martin called me this morning and he is snowed in at
Wytheville, Va. off I-81 and doesn't think they will be able to go
any further. He says there is over a foot of snow on the ground
already with more comming and has no idea when they will be able to
get out of there.
My children have lived for some years quite near Wytheville, are quite
accustomed to the weather, and they tell me this morning (smiling
while doing so) that the relentless continuing snowfall today on top
of a LOT of snow already on the ground (coupled to intermediate
'sandwich filling' of ice) is akin to an imaginary "coming of the
apocolypse! Nothing is moving, and no one yet can keep up with snow."

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento

tmolsen@...

Tim,

The reason the Martin has never attended the West Springfield show comes down to one thing: They cannot promise to have a table for him!

The Amherst group has been after him to come to West Springfield meet for quite a number of years. He advised them that they would have to guarantee him tables due to his coming from Missouri.

Their response has and continues to be that he first must attend and be on the table stand-by list and if a scheduled vendor does not appear, then whosoever is next in line awaiting a table will get it. Only then can a new vendor get a table each year. He told them that under those circumstances, there is no way that he can make that trip east without accommodations at the meet.

Regards,
Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479
(302) 738-4292
tmolsen@...

Tim O'Connor

Tom, I'm sure someone who didn't know him said that to him, but
I can tell you they have quite a bit of planning flexibility and
many new displays and vendors appear each year. The first year
with Free-Mo they offered us a small 12' slot, but the next
year they offered us (for nothing BTW) about 100' linear feet
of display (about 400+ sq ft). I can ask Bob Buck about it; I'm
sure he'd want to talk to Martin directly.

There's also display space (two tables) for "Prototype Modelers"
which has been hijacked by a model railroad club for the last few
years...

Tim O'Connor

At 2/7/2010 02:24 AM Sunday, you wrote:
[...]

Check it out Tim, as I am sure that Martin would sell a ton of kits there. It was he that told me that they said that they could not guarantee tables. You would think that if they wanted him to come, then they would have bent over backwards to assure him that they had him covered.

I had a similar problem with the Deveraux hotel in Malvern two years ago when trying to reserve a room with a roll-paway for myself and two friends for the RPM-East. I was told that they could not rent the room with over two people as the local fire code prohibited it. Well, this year I checked with the Lower Whiteland Twp code inspector and then went back to the hotel to reserve a room for the three of us. There was no such code and the hotel reserved the room as I had requested. The only difference was that the rate was higher for the third person plus the rollaway, but the higher cost for two nights was still lower than what the special rate was with the taxes added when split three ways. Obviously, the person who refused the first time, two years ago, did not know what they were talking about!

Regards,

Tom Olsen
Newark, Delaware