Sunshine GN box car kits, # 18.4, 18.5 availability?

npin53

Does anyone know if Sunshine is still selling the GN boxcar kits, # 18.4, and 18.5? I don't get to shows, if ever, and I heard that they are out of production already.

Also, if someone is attending a show in the near future, and Sunshine has a booth, would someone be able to pick up some of Martin's kits for me? I would be forever grateful.

pierreoliver2003 <pierre.oliver@...>

According to that incredibly useful website hosted by Jim Hayes,
http://www.sunshinekits.com/index.html,
They are being closed out. It might be worth a letter to Martin Lofton to inquire.
Pierre Oliver

--- In STMFC@..., "A.W.G." <npin53@...> wrote:

Does anyone know if Sunshine is still selling the GN boxcar kits, # 18.4, and 18.5? I don't get to shows, if ever, and I heard that they are out of production already.

Also, if someone is attending a show in the near future, and Sunshine has a booth, would someone be able to pick up some of Martin's kits for me? I would be forever grateful.

Jim Hayes

According to the most recent Current Price List(July 2009), both are still
available. They have been on Close Out for years.

When Sunshine has a table at a show, usually only newer models are for sale
there. You won't find 18.4 & .5 there.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:08 PM, A.W.G. <npin53@...> wrote:

Does anyone know if Sunshine is still selling the GN boxcar kits, # 18.4,
and 18.5? I don't get to shows, if ever, and I heard that they are out of
production already.

Also, if someone is attending a show in the near future, and Sunshine has a
booth, would someone be able to pick up some of Martin's kits for me? I
would be forever grateful.

npin53

Sounds good Jim. I may just fire off an order for what I would like then. Should have them to build next winter.

--- In STMFC@..., Jim Hayes <jimhayes97225@...> wrote:

According to the most recent Current Price List(July 2009), both are still
available. They have been on Close Out for years.

When Sunshine has a table at a show, usually only newer models are for sale
there. You won't find 18.4 & .5 there.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:08 PM, A.W.G. <npin53@...> wrote:

Does anyone know if Sunshine is still selling the GN boxcar kits, # 18.4,
and 18.5? I don't get to shows, if ever, and I heard that they are out of
production already.

Also, if someone is attending a show in the near future, and Sunshine has a
booth, would someone be able to pick up some of Martin's kits for me? I
would be forever grateful.

Jim Hayes

'Next winter' shows you know how long it takes.

And by the way, A.W.G., who are you? It's polite to use a first and last
name.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

--- In STMFC@... <STMFC%40yahoogroups.com>, Jim Hayes
<jimhayes97225@...> wrote:

[...]

Sorry, wounldn't want to be impolite.

Aaron Gjermundson

Jim Hayes

Well, hello Aaron. I've enjoyed your creations.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Aaron Gjermundson <npin53@...>wrote:

Sorry, wounldn't want to be impolite.

Aaron Gjermundson

Schuyler Larrabee

And by the way, A.W.G., who are you? It's polite to use a first and last
name.

Jim Hayes
Not just polite, required by list rules.

SGL (whose name is in the reply address).

Database version: 6.14390

Craig Foster

Hi Aaron,
I will check my supply of 'gonna-build-someday' Sunshine kits. I think 18.4 and maybe 18.5 are in the basement. Shoot me an email off line and we'll see what we can do.
Craig FosterThornton, Colorado

From: cmfoster90@...
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:10:51 -0800