MKT "War Emergency" type boxcar body rebuilt on Fishbelly U/F Photos

Bill Welch

Are there any known photos available of the MKT rebuilds using the 10' 6" War Emergency boxcar superstructure design on a fishbelly type U/F? I have a vague memory of seeing a colour photo of one in a presentation on War Emergency cars years ago at Naperville.

Bill Welch

Richard Hendrickson

On Mar 28, 2010, at 11:54 AM, Bill Welch wrote:

Are there any known photos available of the MKT rebuilds using the
10' 6" War Emergency boxcar superstructure design on a fishbelly type
U/F? I have a vague memory of seeing a colour photo of one in a
presentation on War Emergency cars years ago at Naperville.
Bill, I have a b/w print I'll send you off-list.

Richard Hendrickson

Richard Hendrickson

Bill, this is a B/W print from a Dean Hale color slide, taken when
the car was close to retirement. I have a couple of other partial
photos showing a car painted yellow with black stenciling, which is
how they were painted when new.

Richard Hendrickson