GM&O boxcars

Brian Carlson

I am trying to finish the Naperville GM&O gift from two years ago. the GM&O
car. In January painting the car was discussed and Scalecoat II CN#11 red
was recommended. I've looked for this paint online (No local shops carry
scalecoat) and haven't found it. weaver doesn't even list it on their site.
(Tim O'Connor thought it was custom for the CN Sig. has anyone painted this
car with a polyscale color or mix? I can get most of those colors locally.
Modelflex/accuflex would also work. thanks.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY
prrk41361@...

Jim Hayes

ModelFlex makes a CN red #11.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Brian J Carlson <prrk41361@...> wrote:

I am trying to finish the Naperville GM&O gift from two years ago. the GM&O
car. In January painting the car was discussed and Scalecoat II CN#11 red
was recommended. I've looked for this paint online (No local shops carry
scalecoat) and haven't found it. weaver doesn't even list it on their site.
(Tim O'Connor thought it was custom for the CN Sig. has anyone painted this
car with a polyscale color or mix? I can get most of those colors locally.
Modelflex/accuflex would also work. thanks.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY
prrk41361@... <prrk41361%40yahoo.com>

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

This paint WAS a custom job for the CN Lines SIG.

I'm not sure what US stores carry CN Lines Scalecoat I or II paint, but maybe Flying Yankee Enterprises, CN Lines' US distributor, could tell you. I know that a few US stores do carry this paint and other CN Lines products. Here is Flying Yankee's email address--

hutchfye@...

I have used Scalecoat #2 Oxide Red for CN cars. It's a little warmer a colour than CN Red #11, and far more readily available at most LHS. Model-Flex 16-14 Light Tuscan Oxide Red works very well if you prefer acrylic paint for painting a CN car.

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@..., Jim Hayes <jimhayes97225@...> wrote:

ModelFlex makes a CN red #11.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Brian J Carlson <prrk41361@...> wrote:

I am trying to finish the Naperville GM&O gift from two years ago. the GM&O
car. In January painting the car was discussed and Scalecoat II CN#11 red
was recommended. I've looked for this paint online (No local shops carry
scalecoat) and haven't found it. weaver doesn't even list it on their site.
(Tim O'Connor thought it was custom for the CN Sig. has anyone painted this
car with a polyscale color or mix? I can get most of those colors locally.
Modelflex/accuflex would also work. thanks.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY
prrk41361@... <prrk41361%40yahoo.com>

Pierre <pierre.oliver@...>

In the interests of accuracy and at the risk of splitting hairs,
This paint IS a custom job for CNLines SIG.
We continue to sell paint to hobby shops across North America.
Pierre Oliver