SAL X29s? NOT

Bill Welch

They are probably meant to represent the steel rebuilds of the SAL's Pratt trussed SS cars with the Plate ends. Close but no cigar.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, jerryglow@... wrote:

Intermountain has just released a six car set of Red Caboose Seaboard X29 40' boxcars in the "Route of the Orange Blossom Special" paint scheme. These cars are brown with white lettering. The white herald has a red heart with the lettering "Through The Heart Of The South" inside. Here are a couple of pictures of the cars:
http://www.imrcmodels.com/distrib/redcaboose/images/RR-37101w.jpg http://www.imrcmodels.com/distrib/redcaboose/images/RR-37101aw.jpg

how accurate are these?

Jerry Glow

jerryglow2

I thought so. I seem to remember a conversation with John Golden who had to do some kitbashing to get an accurate model of what they're supposed to be. I think he made patterns and cast new sides to put on the X29 shell.

Jerry Glow