Overland Gatx on eBay right now, Re: Need Help with GATX Tank Cars from the 1950s

Ned Carey <nedspam@...>

Athearn "chemical tank" with a Precision hood and
perhaps a Sunshine frame to make the ICC 105 car.

There is an Overland Insulated GATX car on E-bay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120563949018&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I would bid myself but I am not sure asphalt would travel across the country.

Ned Carey

Richard Hendrickson

On May 14, 2010, at 11:28 AM, Ned Carey wrote:

Athearn "chemical tank" with a Precision hood and
perhaps a Sunshine frame to make the ICC 105 car.

There is an Overland Insulated GATX car on E-bay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=120563949018&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I would bid myself but I am not sure asphalt would travel across
the country.
Highly unlikely, Ned. But that model, including the lettering, is
dead-on accurate, as it was developed from a Will Whittaker photo in
my collection, so it's an attractive offering to anyone who models
the SP or Santa Fe in California.

Richard Hendrickson

cj riley <cjriley42@...>

<I would bid myself but I am not sure asphalt would travel across the country.>

I think you will find that "asphalt" as applied to a road is locally manufactured and shipped by truck. Liquid asphalt is the petroleum based binder that is mixed with aggregate to make the paving material Liqid asphalt likely is shipped from the refinery and could travel longer distances.

CJ Riley

Bruce Smith

On May 14, 2010, at 1:28 PM, Ned Carey wrote:

Athearn "chemical tank" with a Precision hood and
perhaps a Sunshine frame to make the ICC 105 car.
There is an Overland Insulated GATX car on E-bay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=120563949018&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I would bid myself but I am not sure asphalt would travel across the country.

Ned Carey
Ned,

Just to be clear, I think the Overland car is not an ICC 105.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL

__
/ &#92;

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Bruce Smith wrote:
Just to be clear, I think the Overland car is not an ICC 105.
Definitely an ICC 104.

Publishers of books on railroad history

brianleppert@att.net

Richard, is there a date when Will took the photo?

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

On May 14, 2010, at 5:49 PM, brianleppert@... wrote:

Richard, is there a date when Will took the photo?
Brian, the print isn't dated, and there are no visible reweigh or
repacking dates on the car, but there's a wood sheathed Santa Fe
reefer in the background which had recently been repaired and
restenciled with the "Scout" slogan, which was dropped in 1947, so it
couldn't have been much later than that.

Richard Hendrickson