Wabash H2A hoppers

Tim O'Connor

Anyone know when the Wabash acquired the H2A hoppers from the N&W?
From what I have read previously this car is correctly decorated but
of course I don't trust the stencil date (1948)...

http://www.broadway-limited.com/images/products/detail/wab1.2.jpg

Thanks in advance

Tim O'Connor

Gary Roe

Tim,

The closest I can determine is that the Wabash acquired the cars in late
1962 or early 1963. I have a photo dated April 1963.

Technically, the model is wrong for the Wabash in that it is a Class H2a,
and the cars the Wabash bought from the N&W were Class H2.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

_____