From: cvlk <cvlk@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Fri, May 28, 2010 12:12 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Wish List - May 2010 release

I don't know about "large quantity", but it seems to me that a 50 FT 1 1/2 Door Single Sheathed box car is missing from ALL the popular scales. As far as I can recall, the only production model was from Con-Cor in N Scale years ago. I think the type was more common than the modeled 50 FT Double Door that was available (Walthers and MDC/Athearn in HO and Walthers in N). Of course, determining whose car to do (Burlington) is a problem (CB&Q) because most (Q) differ in truss pattern, roof, ends, door location and other details (Burlington Route).
Charlie Vlk

What other large quantity signature item freight cars could we ask for in built up form for the transition era? Maybe from a western road like the Santa Fe?

Charlie Vlk

Bill-
Now that I think of it, for some reason, it seems like a good idea to me too!!! In N Scale even!!!
Charlie Vlk

Clark Propst

I'm with Gene.
Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@..., "Gene" <bierglaeser@...> wrote:

While there are a box car and a gondola I'd like to see. Since they were apparently unique to the M&StL I figure there is no chance. On the other hand GATX and/or UTLX tank cars would be nice. These could, I believe, be used rather widely both in terms of time period and geographic location.

Gene Green

Gene <bierglaeser@...>

While there are a box car and a gondola I'd like to see. Since they were apparently unique to the M&StL I figure there is no chance. On the other hand GATX and/or UTLX tank cars would be nice. These could, I believe, be used rather widely both in terms of time period and geographic location.

Gene Green

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Hello Group,

OK. Yes. I will take one. Now all we need to do is find someone else to pick up the other 14,999.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On May 28, 2010, at 12:17 PM, richtownsend@... wrote:

Hey! I just had a great idea, came to me seemingly out of nowhere! How about a CB&Q 50ft 1-1/2 door single sheathed box car?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon