IM upcoming PFE Reefers

Brian Carlson

These cars have been discussed over the past few weeks on the list but I
have a few more questions. I model 1957 so I am interested in cars with both
B&W heralds.
Stock # 47403 R-30-18 This car shows all orange hardware and no stripes
above and below the reporting marks. Per the painting and lettering
information in the PFE book this happened in 1951 and 19532 respectively.
The resolution isn't good enough to see if the periods are there or not.
However, it appears the UP medallion is red, white, and Blue. It should be
all black shouldn't it? Hopefully, IM will address this issue. Ed Hawkins
noted this also but I didn't see a reply to his email.

And I know these aren't out yet but does anyone think IM will do the -21 and
-19 in the later 50's schemes?

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY
prrk41361@...

Paul Lyons

Brian,

IM has been doing these R-30-18, 19, and 21 PFE reefers for the 5, or 6 years, and has "blown" the correct paint on almost all of them. I see no reason why they would correct this run, since they sell them out in a hurry, right, or wrong!

Paul Lyons

[...]

Thanks Paul: I guess I haven't been paying close attention to the wood sided cars.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.

Cheektowaga NY

prrk41361@...

[...]

prrk41361@... <mailto:prrk41361%40yahoo.com>

Andy Carlson

I have been a dealer with Intermountain for over 10 years, and I have enjoyed purchases from their "Inventory Reduction sales" which allows me passing bargains onto fellow modelers. I have seen many boxcars, tank cars, flats and reefers, including Tichy stuff, come up specially priced, but NEVER have I seen any of Terry's wood side reefers get clearanced. Frank has admitted that they sell-out, but he seems to be always reluctant to rerun them. This run came about because of Terry's persistence. Frank makes the claim that the Chinese factory complains about assembling the flat kits, though I think he may be exaggerating a bit, for I have found the fit of Terry's refrigerator car parts to be nice and precise.
-Andy Carlson

Paul said:

IM has been doing these R-30-18, 19, and 21 PFE reefers for the 5, or 6 years, and has "blown" the correct paint on almost all of them. I see no reason why they would correct this run, since they sell them out in a hurry, right, or wrong!

Paul Lyons

Paul Lyons

So Andy, What is your bet? Frank will correct the paint, or just not worry about it, because they are going to sell out one way or the other.

Paul Lyons

Paul said:

IM has been doing these R-30-18, 19, and 21 PFE reefers for the 5, or 6 years, and has "blown" the correct paint on almost all of them. I see no reason why they would correct this run, since they sell them out in a hurry, right, or wrong!

Paul Lyons

Andy Carlson

I only bet on sure things.....
-Andy Carlson

So Andy, What is your bet? Frank will correct the paint, or just not worry about it, because they are going to sell out one way or the other.

Paul Lyons

-

Paul Lyons

Great answer...