17th Annual Naperville Prototype Modelers Seminar, October 21-24 2010

Benjamin Hom

PDF copies of information and registration form for this year's Naperville meet are posted in the STMFPH files section:

Ben Hom

Bill Welch

It is frustrating not to see any information that hints at presentation content.

Bill Welch

pullmanboss <tcmadden@...>

It is frustrating not to see any information that hints at presentation content.

Bill Welch
In past years, this is about when Martin sent out letters to potential clinicians. He'd send out the meet announcements later, once he had his clinics lined up. Joe included a call for clinicians in this mailing, right below the NO REFUNDS... blurb. Looks like he wants to get the preregistrations going ASAP, "presentation content" to follow

Tom Madden

WILLIAM PARDIE

Ben:

When I try to access this link and sign into Yahoo all I get is a
message that says that I have to access Web Access.
I'm ready to sign up and don't care that a list of presenters is not
yet available.

Bill Pardie

On Jul 1, 2010, at 8:26 AM, benjaminfrank_hom wrote:

PDF copies of information and registration form for this year's
Naperville meet are posted in the STMFPH files section:

Ben Hom

Jim Hayes

Bill, go directly to the source.

http://ppw-aline.com/rpm-naperville.htm

I've never had much success with STMFPH myself.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 6:45 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@hawaii.rr.com>wrote:

Ben:

When I try to access this link and sign into Yahoo all I get is a
message that says that I have to access Web Access.
I'm ready to sign up and don't care that a list of presenters is not
yet available.

Bill Pardie

On Jul 1, 2010, at 8:26 AM, benjaminfrank_hom wrote:

PDF copies of information and registration form for this year's
Naperville meet are posted in the STMFPH files section:

Ben Hom

Bill Welch

Jim, I did go there before I sent my message about no details regarding presentations.

Bill Welch

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 6:45 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...>wrote:

Ben:

When I try to access this link and sign into Yahoo all I get is a
message that says that I have to access Web Access.
I'm ready to sign up and don't care that a list of presenters is not
yet available.

Bill Pardie

On Jul 1, 2010, at 8:26 AM, benjaminfrank_hom wrote:

PDF copies of information and registration form for this year's
Naperville meet are posted in the STMFPH files section:

Ben Hom

Clark Propst

Bill,
Last Nov I sent an email to Joe inquiring about doing a clinic. His reply was that he wanted a copy of the clinic and handout. I responded with the question of what format and where to send it. Never received a reply.
Yesterday on receiving the reservation request I emailed again to see what was up. Adding the name and jist of the clinic. He replied this morning. Again saying he wants a CD of the show. Address is on the invite.

In a nut shell, I'd say he has no clinic list yet.

Clark Propst

Bruce Smith

On Jul 2, 2010, at 8:15 AM, rockroll50401 wrote:

Bill,
Last Nov I sent an email to Joe inquiring about doing a clinic. His reply was that he wanted a copy of the clinic and handout. I responded with the question of what format and where to send it. Never received a reply.
Yesterday on receiving the reservation request I emailed again to see what was up. Adding the name and jist of the clinic. He replied this morning. Again saying he wants a CD of the show. Address is on the invite.
Really? That's the first meet of this type that I've ever heard of that has asked for the complete clinic before deciding that you can give it! I usually have an idea for a clinic, and then, if it is accepted, I put the clinic together. Unfortunately, Joe's approach will likely result in more repeat clinics and less new stuff.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL

__
/ &#92;
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

Clark Propst

I gave him an outline of what I wanted to do and he accepted that.

I've been working on this thing for months...year, so mine's 75% done, or close enough of a preview.

Clark Propst

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Yes, that is not what we did at the WPM when I was in charge of it. I would
take people's suggestions as to who might be a good clinician, and then ask
them if they'd like to give one, and leave the topic to them. Most were
excellent, and I trusted the clinicians to do something topical to the event
and of interest to the attendees>

Elden Gatwood

[...]

|- ______/ O O &#92;_______ -| | __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ | / 4999
|PENNSYLVANIA 4999 &#92; | ||__||__||__||__||__||__||__||__||
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

Bruce Smith

Clark,

Thanks for the clarification... Dang, your organized. I usually come up with a title and then forget about it until about 2 weeks prior to the meet, when I go into production mode <G>. I once told a professor of mine that "I do my best work under pressure". He replied that "...its not a fair comparison if you don't give the alternative a try!"

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

On Jul 2, 2010, at 8:35 AM, rockroll50401 wrote:

I gave him an outline of what I wanted to do and he accepted that.

I've been working on this thing for months...year, so mine's 75% done, or close enough of a preview.

Clark Propst

Pierre <pierre.oliver@...>

Bruce,
I talked with Joe last fall at Naperville about a clinic, and he asked for a copy of the cd and a copy of the handout after we established a topic. And he was in no particular rush for either.
I think you've arrived at a wrong conclusion about the process.
Pierre Oliver

Really? That's the first meet of this type that I've ever heard of
that has asked for the complete clinic before deciding that you can
give it! I usually have an idea for a clinic, and then, if it is
accepted, I put the clinic together. Unfortunately, Joe's approach
will likely result in more repeat clinics and less new stuff.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL

__
/ &#92;
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

Clark Propst

Bruce, beings this show is about modeling I need to add the stuff as I do it. Like throwing photos in a file. I have taken the time to arrange each topic tho.

Problem I have is by doing this when I'm enthused I forget stuff I want to talk about or lack the passion when it is finally time to show it....

I might add some freight car stuff to make my emails here lagit : )
Clark Propst

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Bruce Smith writes:

Really? That's the first meet of this type that I've ever heard of
that has asked for the complete clinic before deciding that you can
give it! I usually have an idea for a clinic, and then, if it is
accepted, I put the clinic together. Unfortunately, Joe's approach
will likely result in more repeat clinics and less new stuff.
Which fits well with the clinic I did on bashing a P2K 0-8-0 into a C&O C-16 at Cocoa Beach a few yrs ago. I used the Bruce Smith concept...in fact I used Bruce himself. Bruce took never seen by me slides out of an unopened box and placed them in the slide tray as I was talking. Talk about Real Time...

Mike Brock...CEO of laid back Prototype Rails

water.kresse@...

Is this why the second repeat of the clinic presentation at Naperville gets better attendance?  . . . . Friday's is considered a rehearsal?

Al Kresse