Rapido Trains' freight model announcement at National Train Show?

Clark Propst

The Mini-box model was in a clear display box. Having built a couple F&C cars anything would be an improvement - construction wise anyway.

Al was busy talking to another fella while I was there, but his wife was helpful. She was wearing a nifty T-shirt with "The Farewell Tour" on the back and their final show dates. They are not coming to Naperville and rap up next April. Guess we need to keep an eye on their website for release of the Q model.
Clark Propst

How did the TLT CP minibox look to you? And did Al W. have any idea >when that CB&Q boxcar was going to be available?

Bob.

Clark Propst

Bob, I looked at my photos of Armour reefers and also took a quick thumb through Gene's reefer book. Only a few wooden cars leased to Dubuque pack had corner steps anything like the ones in the link photo. So, I don't know what the heck they have in mind? I will be buying some of those trucks to put under my M&StL auto box and rebuilds there of.

We go up by Red Lake in NW Ontario in Sept. This trip was to just south of International Falls. On a sad note, the S2 Alcos there have been replaced with some ugly UP rebuilt EMD switchers.

Clark Propst

Clark,
There is always room for more freight cars. How did the TLT CP minibox look to you? And did Al W. have any idea when that CB&Q boxcar was going to be available?

I post to the Proto layout group as well, so welcome back from your recent fishing trip. Catch any big ones? I am originally from ND, so I have grown up walleye fishing on Lake Sakakawea. By the time I get back up there in a couple of years, the population should have rebounded. Just in time...

Bob.

gn3397 <heninger@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "rockroll50401" <cepropst@...> wrote:

Bob, you're probably right. I have 3 Sunshine models, But I guess another one of two could be worked in...
Clark Propst
Clark,
There is always room for more freight cars. How did the TLT CP minibox look to you? And did Al W. have any idea when that CB&Q boxcar was going to be available?

I post to the Proto layout group as well, so welcome back from your recent fishing trip. Catch any big ones? I am originally from ND, so I have grown up walleye fishing on Lake Sakakawea. By the time I get back up there in a couple of years, the population should have rebounded. Just in time...

Bob.

Clark Propst

Bob, you're probably right. I have 3 Sunshine models, But I guess another one of two could be worked in...
Clark Propst

(Group),
I think the car is the General American 37' wooden meat reefer. We have already determined on this list the truck is a Barber S-1, which most of these cars had; in one of the newsletters on the Rapido website, there is another hint in the form of a drawing of an Equipco 3160 brakewheel, which these cars were equipped with; and the shape and positioning of the bolster tab, sill step, and bunker drain all match photos of these cars. RP Cyc Vol. 14 has a good article on these cars if anyone wants to see for themselves.

If I am right, this is an excellent choice for Rapido. There are lots of accurate schemes that can be applied to these cars, as well as dozens more for the "close enough" crowd. And they ran from the late 30s into the 60s, at least.

If I am wrong, I guess we will still get a beautiful model of a freight car, so either way we cannot lose!

Sincerely,
Bob Heninger
Iowa City, IA

gn3397 <heninger@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "rockroll50401" <cepropst@...> wrote:

Sorry for the delay in answering Richard. Been up nortt.
You don't have to murder me. With both you and Bill saying I'll like it the suspense is killing me !

Clark Propst
Clark (and Group),
[...]

On Jul 17, 2010, at 7:54 PM, rockroll50401 wrote:

Bill told me they were coming out with a freight car and we'd like
it. That's all I could get out of him about their product line.
They are coming out with a freight car, Clark, and you (especially)
will like it. But if I told you what it was, I'd have to kill you,
and that's probably a bad idea for both of us.

Richard Hendrickson

Richard Hendrickson

On Jul 17, 2010, at 7:54 PM, rockroll50401 wrote:

Bill told me they were coming out with a freight car and we'd like
it. That's all I could get out of him about their product line.
They are coming out with a freight car, Clark, and you (especially)
will like it. But if I told you what it was, I'd have to kill you,
and that's probably a bad idea for both of us.

Richard Hendrickson

Clark Propst

Bill told me they were coming out with a freight car and we'd like it. That's all I could get out of him about their product line.
Clark Propst

Sigpress <thompson@...>

Bill Schneider told me that the announcement had to be pushed back to get other projects done. Stay tuned.
Tony Thompson

Sent from my iPod

On Jul 17, 2010, at 7:03 PM, "Steve Lucas" <stevelucas3@...> wrote:

Rapido has mentioned that a major announcement regarding their product will be made at the NTS. Can someone attending tell us what that announcement is? If it is STMFC-related, of course...

Thanks in advance,

Steve Lucas.

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>