Topics

CP Mini Box

James F. Brewer <jfbrewer@...>

According to the MR email newsletter, Hobby Craft announced the CP mini box at Milwaukee; anyone have any more information about when this model will be available?  Did anyone attending the train show see the pre-production sample on display?

Jim Brewer

Glenwood MD

W.R.Dixon

James F. Brewer wrote:
According to the MR email newsletter, Hobby Craft announced the CP mini box at Milwaukee; anyone have any more information about when this model will be available? Did anyone attending the train show see the pre-production sample on display?
What little is known is at:
http://www.central-hobbies.com/products/tltrains.html#XM40M

Bill Dixon

James F. Brewer <jfbrewer@...>

Bill,

Thanks for the link and info.

Jim Brewer

Glenwood MD

According to the MR email newsletter, Hobby Craft announced the CP mini box at Milwaukee; anyone have any more information about when this model will be available? Did anyone attending the train show see the pre-production sample on display?
What little is known is at:
http://www.central-hobbies.com/products/tltrains.html#XM40M

Bill Dixon

Eric Hansmann

Bill Dixon wrote:

What little is known is at:
http://www.central-hobbies.com/products/tltrains.html#XM40M
======================

True Line Trains listings of future "36' Dominion Box Car (Fowler)" retooled models are on the same page if you scroll up from the Mini Box details.

Eric

Eric Hansmann
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Modeling the railroads of Newburgh, Ohio, circa 1926
http://designbuildop.hansmanns.org/

Bill Schneider

TLT is doing the CP mini-box, and is estimating mid-2011 release. It will be all new tooling.

Bill Schneider

True Line Trains listings of future "36' Dominion Box Car (Fowler)" retooled models are on the same page if you scroll up from the Mini Box details.

Eric

Eric Hansmann
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Modeling the railroads of Newburgh, Ohio, circa 1926
http://designbuildop.hansmanns.org/

gn999gn

I would be interested in an undec product offering of these
as I like to "roll my own" so-to-speak.

As undec versions are on in decline, those of us who desire
this should make TLT folks aware of our market interest.

Ron A. dePierre

ajfergusonca <ajferguson@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald" <radepierre@...> wrote:

I would be interested in an undec product offering of these
As undec versions are on in decline, those of us who desire
this should make TLT folks aware of our market interest.
TLT was not usually interested in doing undecs.
I did an interesting experiment. I bought unlettered CN & CP cabooses from them at dealer price. MRSP was $45. I then tried to resell, including a decal set (3 different schemes)for less than MSRP price.
- Trying to encourage people to use decals-.
This spring there were regular RTR cabooses at Calgary train show for less than I paid. Why would they buy from me? The market told me that 99.9% of the people would rather have a RTR car than a unique number. If you want to reletter your going to have to remove the old lettering.
I declined to do the same with boxcars.
Ya wanna buy a CN caboose with no paint or lettering to remove?
Allen Ferguson
Black Cat Publishing