Kingan in San Francisco

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Dave,

Kingan did indeed have a San Francisco operation, but on the SP, not the WP (though it is in the WP shippers guide). It was located at 4th & Townsend, and had a capacity of three cars. The commodity received was "PHP" or packing house products.

Kind regards,

Garth Groff

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:05:08 -0700
"Dave Nelson" <Lake_Muskoka@...> wrote:
My recollection is there was a Kingan branch house in San Francisco but I'd
have to find my WP shippers list to verify that for you and at the moment I
don't know where I've stored that.

When I typed Mather I was thinking Morrell (seems the fingers weren't paying
attention).

Dave Nelson

Douglas Harding

Thanks Garth, my information on Kingan is minimal, the plant locations I have come from documents shortly after WWII. I didn't
show anything west of Omaha. Kingan and Company opened in 1863 in Indianapolis. Kingan was purchased by HyGrade about 1962. I
think HyGrade closed down about 1981.

Doug Harding
www.iowacentralrr.org