MicroScale -HELP-

jim peters

Gentlemen,

I need a little HELP . . . I model the NdeM and I've searched all the local hobby shops for MicroScale #87-175 with no luck. I'm told they are no longer printed (a point I've not verified). Next time your at your local hobby shop would you mind taking a quick look through the decals and see if they have a set. If so would you notify me OFF LIST with their email address. I would sincerely appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Jim Peters

Coquitlam, BC

CANADA

Jim Hayes

Jim, Microscale shows 71 in stock. I'd say order direct but they have a $20
minimum.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon
www.sunshinekits.com

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Jim Peters <mikado2206@hotmail.com> wrote:

Gentlemen,

I need a little HELP . . . I model the NdeM and I've searched all the local
hobby shops for MicroScale #87-175 with no luck. I'm told they are no longer
printed (a point I've not verified). Next time your at your local hobby shop
would you mind taking a quick look through the decals and see if they have a
set. If so would you notify me OFF LIST with their email address. I would
sincerely appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Jim Peters

Coquitlam, BC

CANADA

Bruce Smith

Jim,

Just order them direct. Simply go to the Microscale site, go to NdeM
and click on 87-175 and you will see that you can purchase the set for
$6.50 and there are 71 sets in stock.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

Jim Peters <mikado2206@hotmail.com> 07/29/10 4:31 PM >>>
Gentlemen,

I need a little HELP . . . I model the NdeM and I've searched all the
local hobby shops for MicroScale #87-175 with no luck. I'm told they
are no longer printed (a point I've not verified). Next time your at
your local hobby shop would you mind taking a quick look through the
decals and see if they have a set. If so would you notify me OFF LIST
with their email address. I would sincerely appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Jim Peters

Coquitlam, BC

CANADA

Brian Carlson

I learned years ago, that all the local shops around here say "this or that
decal is out of stock" which translates to 'it is not worth my time to order
it for you since after shipping I make no money on decal orders because
there are so few of you model railroaders decaling your own stuff."

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.

Cheektowaga NY

prrk41361@yahoo.com

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Brian Carlson wrote:
I learned years ago, that all the local shops around here say "this or that decal is out of stock" which translates to 'it is not worth my time to order it for you since after shipping I make no money on decal orders because there are so few of you model railroaders decaling your own stuff."
Very true, Brian. And it isn't just decals. It applies to practically anything the shop owner can't be bothered with, whether or not he or she can make any money on it. But of course it reflects on the manufacturer, or in our case, on the publisher, when potential customers are told, "oh, that's no longer available," or worse, "it's out of print," just to avoid a discussion with said customer.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Charlie Vlk

It depends on the shop. DesPlaines Hobbies, as far as I have personally observed, will check the Walthers and Horizon on-line stock lists before declaring that something is out of stock or otherwise unavailable.
As to Micro-Scale, they place regular large orders direct with Micro-Scale. If Micro-Scale is out, they check with Walthers and Horizon to see if they have some in stock.
There are many Micro-Scale decals which are pretty much discontinued... inevitable in such a large line.
Charlie Vlk

.