From: "Claus Schlund (HGM)" <claus@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:05 PM
Subject: D&H composite Seley hoppers

Hi,

In N scale, we have had a nicely done model of the D&H composite Seley hoppers available since the "dark ages".

Of course over the years the models have been painted up in a million bogus paint schemes.

Surprisingly, it was even available factory painted for D&H! The factory paint was white lettering on a black body, which I always
thought was incorrect. I had heard these cars were painted Tuscan Red.

So when I got around to upgrading the ones I had, I painted them Floquil Tuscan Red and lettered them with CDS dry transfers. I
didn't repaint the one car I had in factory D&H paint, just for nostalgia!

You can see an image of my paint and the factory paint at the url below.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/4393259236_376d5bbc3b_b.jpg

Recently, I was clearing up some old calendars and train mags, and on the front cover the the 2000 Anthracite Roads Historical
Society was a very nice yard shot. One of the cars was clearly a D&H Seley hopper, and get this, it was painted black! See url
below:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2797/4393259648_34146a5323_b.jpg

So can anyone tell me what the color was really supposed to be? I model the year 1929.

- Claus Schlund

Mark

They look great Claus!

Mark Morgan