From: almabranch <harperandbrown@...>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:35:15 -0000
To: STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Help

Anyone know what kind of place I may purchase sheet lead? Thanks in
advance.

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

Steve SANDIFER

Any home improvement store or roofing supply. Home Depot has it in Houston.

J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer
mailto:steve.sandifer@...
Home: 12027 Mulholland Dr., Meadows Place, TX 77477, 281-568-9918
Office: Southwest Central Church of Christ, 4011 W. Bellfort, Houston, TX
77025, 713-667-9417
Personal: http://www.geocities.com/stevesandifer2000/index
Church: http://www.swcentral.org

Anyone know what kind of place I may purchase sheet lead? Thanks in advance.

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

Andy Sperandeo <asperandeo@...>

Hi Jared,

I buy sheet lead by mail (yes, I know!) from Small Parts Inc., www.smallparts.com. A-Line also packages it for sale in hobby shops and through Walthers.

Have a good weekend,

Andy

Andy Sperandeo
Executive Editor
Model Railroader magazine
asperandeo@...
262-796-8776, ext. 461
FAX 262-796-1142

John F. Cizmar

A wholesale plumbing supplier would be a better choice
John F. Cizmar
SG Supply Co.

Anyone know what kind of place I may purchase sheet lead? Thanks in advance.

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

Jared--

If you're looking to weight cars with it, self-adhesive lead wheel weights are available at NAPA, Pep Boys, Murray's Auto, and other automotive supply stores. They are gruaduated in 1/4 ounce increments that you can break off individually or in strips to weight a car to spec.

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@..., "almabranch" <harperandbrown@...> wrote:

Anyone know what kind of place I may purchase sheet lead? Thanks in advance.

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Sheet lead is still a common commodity available from most plumbing supply houses. I recently purchased some after the final exhaustion of my "lifetime" supply of type slugs and medical sheeting, all accumulated decades ago.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach, MD
Okoboji, Iowa

Jared Harper