Finis

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

My last order from Champ arrived today, promptly, and with minimal shipping costs (no "handling" fees, or 1/4 oz. items shipped in large Priority Mail boxes).

I just checked the Champ Decals web site, and today they closed their doors for good, apparently with a fair inventory still in hand I have some decals, or at least their envelopes from the days 50+ years ago when they were in Cleveland, and then San Jose (Max Gray). I regret seeing a company that has served us so well and so long, just disappear. For those dwindling number of us who continue to paint and detail steam locomotives, it is especially sad inasmuch as no one has yet stepped in to fill this very narrow, but essential modeling market.

Denny

-
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento

robertb@smartchat.net.au

I'm still waiting to see if the large order which I submitted online over a
week ago is processed. When I check my card online, they have yet to put
the charge through. However, as their website indicates, they are
overwhelmed with orders at the moment, so I'll just wait and see before
contacting them to check its progress. There is clearly no point contacting
them just yet, as they'll be flat out.

I absolutely agree with you Denny, as they will certainly be missed and
leave a "hole" in the market that needs to be filled.

Regards,

Robert Bogie
Melbourne, Australia

[...]

http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE

tmolsen@...

Bob,

Connie is swamped and you will receive it soon. I sent my first order in early AM on Saturday Sept. 18th and it arrived on this past Wednesday in the mid-day post.

I have two additional orders in, the last at 11:15 PM last evening, just under the wire! It never fails that you always overlook things when you try to get stuff out the door to quickly.

Best regards,

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479