vintage tank car model

Tim O'Connor

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brass-HO-Single-Dome-Tank-Car-Engine-Petroleum-Old-/280571448035

Anyone recognize the maker of this tank car model? I've never seen this
model before.

Tim O'Connor

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

On 10/10/2010 11:11 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brass-HO-Single-Dome-Tank-Car-Engine-Petroleum-Old-/280571448035

Anyone recognize the maker of this tank car model? I've never seen this
model before.

Tim O'Connor

I'm going to take a SWAG and say Mantua or Varney. In the very early days they both used brass like this.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Donald Ford <ford.donald77@...>

Tim
That looks like an old International Models thak car.  Some of the first
imports.  I had one well I still the body the frame and trucks were zamic and
fell apart.  I think they were sold by a Hooby Shops in Philly.  Long time ago.
I work for Blums Hobbie House in Cleveland in the late 50's and they were old
then,
Don Ford
Kanab UT