From: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:42:51 -0400
To: STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Naperville model

Outstanding display Clark! One picture captures the whole idea.

http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/image/129769007

Tim O'Connor

Clark Propst

Thanks Tim,
I had a couple gondolas with nothing for them to do. Now they deliver machinery to my heavy industry once it awhile.

Remember, there are no run through trains on my layout. You work or you go !
Clark Propst

Outstanding display Clark! One picture captures the whole idea.

http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/image/129769007

Tim O'Connor

Andy Sperandeo <asperandeo@...>

I liked Clark's gon loads too. That's an easy technique that some of us probably overlook.

When I saw Mont Switzer in Naperville last week, I made sure to tell him how much I liked his "Model Railroader" article on gondola loads, "Authentic loads enhance operations" in last July's issue. Mont made a series of loads for three of the steps on a gondola's four-step waybill. For the fourth he sent the NYC car home empty (via the IHB at Hammond, Ind., as I recall). It's a kind of modeling to support operation that more of us operators could be doing.

So long,

Andy

Andy Sperandeo
Executive Editor