From: Mark M <bnonut@yahoo.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, Nov 5, 2010 3:39 am
Subject: [STMFC] automobile boxcar wreck

Found on the CB&Q Historical site, enjoy! My earlier post about my cars, did these have National B1 trucks when delivered?

http://www.burlingtonroute.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=20

Mark Morgan

Benjamin Hom

Tom Casey asked:
"Do my eyes deceive me, or does this car (end doors/fire truck load) have "CV"
(Central Vermont) reporting marks?"
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=20

Yes - CV 412xx (x=not legible) is the reporting mark on the end.

"Was CV or CB&Q the original owner?"

Don't get confused by Mark's crossthreading - this photo is NOT related to his
CB&Q automobile boxcar question.  CV 41000-41499, end door single sheathed
automobile boxcars built 1929, Funaro & Camerleng HO scale kits first marketed
by The Steam Shack of Rutland VT, currently available in Funaro's own line:
http://www.fandckits.com/HOFreight/6651.html

Ben Hom

Mark

Looks like a CV car to me and believe Funaro has a kit for that one!

Mark Morgan