PRR X38 was Re: Re: Proto 2000 50 ft. Double Door Auto Car Kit #8443

SUVCWORR@...

Tony,

I'm the first to admit I am not that conversant on rivet patterns.
The builder's photos which I copied and enlarged to see the overlapping seams are

http://prr.railfan.net/freight/freightphotos.html?photo=http://www.prrths.com/PRR_Images/x38.jpg&fr=clX38

http://prr.railfan.net/freight/freightphotos.html?photo=PRR_74002_X38_E13694_34view.jpg&fr=clX38

http://prr.railfan.net/freight/freightphotos.html?photo=PRR_58457_X38b_34view.jpg&fr=clX38

The first two are from opposite ends of the are. The seams on the left hand side are visible in the first photo and the seams on the right side in the second photo.

The third photo doesn't show any seams because of the angle.

These are from Rob Schoenberg's site.

The description of the car on the site contrary to the photographs shows the X38 as a 10 panel car.

Rich Orr