Tooling

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Dave Evans wrote:
I didn't realize the ECW quality was not highly regarded - I never attempted one.
Varied with the particular car, but none were very sophisticated AFAIK. The covered hopper had huge side ribs, too much of a roof peak, and rather clunky, oversize detailing. Lotta work to make better, and must have been a tempting target to other manufacturers. Kato's model was miles better when its only competition was the ECW version, but today is much inferior to the refined InterMountain cars. At least that's how I see it.

Publishers of books on railroad history