Charles Winters photos

O Fenton Wells

I'm trying to track down some Southern freight car photos. Does anyone know
Charles Winters and how to contact him. Is he still selling photos?

--
Fenton Wells
3047 Creek Run

Richard Hendrickson

On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:40 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

I'm trying to track down some Southern freight car photos. Does
anyone know
Charles Winters and how to contact him. Is he still selling photos?
Alas, Charlie Winters died several years ago. It's my understanding
that his collection of freight car photos (most taken by George Sisk)
went to Harold Vollrath. The e-mail address I have for Harold is
<hkvollrath@...>.

Richard Hendrickson

Bill Welch

Actually this collection went to a well known collector of diesel photos whose name escapes me. However Jay Williams has been "renting" the freight negatives and has been selling prints for a couple of years now.

I would still contact Mr. Vollrath, as he has some freight car photos of his own.

Bill Welch

On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:40 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

I'm trying to track down some Southern freight car photos. Does
anyone know
Charles Winters and how to contact him. Is he still selling photos?
Alas, Charlie Winters died several years ago. It's my understanding
that his collection of freight car photos (most taken by George Sisk)
went to Harold Vollrath. The e-mail address I have for Harold is
<hkvollrath@...>.

Richard Hendrickson

Benjamin Hom

Bill Wlech wrote:
"Actually this collection went to a well known collector of diesel photos whose
name escapes me. However Jay Williams has been "renting" the freight negatives
and has been selling prints for a couple of years now."

The collection went to Louis Marre.

Ben Hom

Charlie Duckworth

The Winters/Sisk Collection went to Louis Marre in Ft. Smith, Ark.I don't have an address nor do I know if he sells prints.

--- In STMFC@..., Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@> wrote:

On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:40 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

I'm trying to track down some Southern freight car photos. Does
anyone know
Charles Winters and how to contact him. Is he still selling photos?
Alas, Charlie Winters died several years ago. It's my understanding
that his collection of freight car photos (most taken by George Sisk)
went to Harold Vollrath. The e-mail address I have for Harold is
<hkvollrath@>.

Richard Hendrickson

WILLIAM PARDIE

Richard:

Is there a more complete e-mail address for Harold Vollrath?

Bill

wrote:

On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:40 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

I'm trying to track down some Southern freight car photos. Does
anyone know
Charles Winters and how to contact him. Is he still selling
photos?

Alas, Charlie Winters died several years ago. It's my understanding
that his collection of freight car photos (most taken by George
Sisk)
went to Harold Vollrath. The e-mail address I have for Harold is
<hkvollrath@...>.

Richard Hendrickson

Jim Mischke

The Charles Winters collection, especially its freight cars taken by George Sisk, was acquired after Charles' passing by Dr. Louis Marre of Dayton, Ohio. Knowing how bad we want prints but unable to rpint enough, Dr. Marre rents it to Jay Williams of Indianapolis, Ind. for printing, table sales, and mail order.

Google "Jay Williams Big Four Graphics" for contact information.

--- In STMFC@..., "Charlie D modeling the Mopac http://mopac51.tripod" <omahaduck@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Gentlemen, I have already contacted Jay and will also contact Mr.
Vollrath. Thanks for the response.
Fenton

wrote:

On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:40 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

I'm trying to track down some Southern freight car photos. Does
anyone know
Charles Winters and how to contact him. Is he still selling photos?
Alas, Charlie Winters died several years ago. It's my understanding
that his collection of freight car photos (most taken by George Sisk)
went to Harold Vollrath. The e-mail address I have for Harold is
<hkvollrath@>.

Richard Hendrickson

Fenton Wells
3047 Creek Run
Sanford NC 27332
919-499-5545
srrfan1401@...

Jim Mischke

Be aware that Mr. Vollrath and Mr. Winters knew each other well and traded many images, it was Mr. Vollrath who came away with copy negatives. This is fine if such copy negatives are the only source, inferior if the originals are available, in this case from Jay Williams.

wrote:

On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:40 PM, O Fenton Wells wrote:

I'm trying to track down some Southern freight car photos. Does
anyone know
Charles Winters and how to contact him. Is he still selling photos?
Alas, Charlie Winters died several years ago. It's my understanding
that his collection of freight car photos (most taken by George Sisk)
went to Harold Vollrath. The e-mail address I have for Harold is
<hkvollrath@>.

Richard Hendrickson

Fenton Wells
3047 Creek Run