Topics

MCB or ARA Stencil Drawings

Charlie Vlk

Does anyone have digital copies of or refences for MCB or ARA stencil drawings for alpha and numeric characters?
I've been searching for CB&Q "Railroad Roman" stencil drawings and found a reference for such lettering as ARA rather than a CB&Q drawing number.
So far I've not been able to find MCB or ARA drawings, but I've seen them in the past.....
Thanks,
Charlie Vlk

Thomas Birkett

Charlie

I returned home today after getting into Kansas City on No. 4 and driving to
Bartlesville.

My "Standards" is newer than I thiught, 1975. But it had no lettering fints
in it.

Sorry

Tom

Subject: [STMFC] MCB or ARA Stencil Drawings

Does anyone have digital copies of or refences for MCB or ARA stencil
drawings for alpha and numeric characters?
I've been searching for CB&Q "Railroad Roman" stencil drawings and found a
reference for such lettering as ARA rather than a CB&Q drawing number.
So far I've not been able to find MCB or ARA drawings, but I've seen them in
the past.....
Thanks,
Charlie Vlk

bob_karig <karig@...>

I looked all over trying to find a complete set but was never successful. I came to believe that the neither the ARA nor MCBA ever published a complete lettering set. I've gone into the original MCBA minutes (1905, I believe), and all that was published were a few examples of fonts--the same examples that appear in later Car Builders' Dictionaries/Cyclopedias. If anyone comes up with a set, I'd sure like to see them.

Bob Karig

Charlie Vlk

Tom-
Thanks for looking!