Topics

OT cars & trucks

Bill Hodkinson

I'm Not sure just where to post this question so I'm going to cross-post it to all of the groups I'm in.

I'm looking for a sorce for ho scale cars & Trucks RTR, in the 1920's -1940's

Please contact me off list with any help.

Bill Hodkinson

Rhbale@...

Bill....

For a look at HO scale vehicles from the 30s and 40s check out the
following web sites:
_www.classicmetalworks.com_ (http://www.classicmetalworks.com)
_www.sheepscotscale.com_ (http://www.sheepscotscale.com)
_www.isp.on.ca/sylvan_ (http://www.isp.on.ca/sylvan)
_www.williamsbrothersmodelproducts.com/cars.html_
(http://www.williamsbrothersmodelproducts.com/cars.html)

Richard Bale
Read Model Railroad Hobbyist magaZine, its always FREE at
_www.mrhmag.com

_ (http://www.mrhmag.com)

Larry Sexton

Bill,

Classic Metal Works has made a few nice Ford cars (mid 30s) and White trucks
(1942 and later)for the period you're asking about. The Williams Bros. had
some nice plastic Fords cars for approximately 1940 and Jordon makes cars
and trucks that fit your time period. One of the best suppliers, in my
opinion, is Sylvan Models. They make quite a few different models of cars
from the mid-late 1930s and some excellent 1930-40 trucks. And Athern made
models of Ford trucks from the mid-1920s. There are also a few cars from
Ricko and European manufactures that will work. Sheepscot Models makes a few
resin models of heavy trucks that require some effort to create, but are
well worth the effort. There are probably a few more, especially the Russian
Premo line of military vehicles that are based on the 1930 Autocar. I bought
a dozen or so and modified them to make a number of different heavy duty
trucks appropriate for the mid and late 1930s. Almost forgot, Woodland
Scenics makes a decent model of the late 1930s Mack mid-duty trucks. Much
more could be done with it than has been done so far.

A lot more types could be done, but so far most manufacturers seem to not
realize that trucks from the 1930-41 period made up a significant % of the
vehicles in service until well into the early 1950s. Hope this helps.

Larry Sexton

I'm Not sure just where to post this question so I'm going to cross-post it
to all of the groups I'm in.

I'm looking for a sorce for ho scale cars & Trucks RTR, in the 1920's
-1940's

Please contact me off list with any help.

Bill Hodkinson

Chuck Soule

Richard Bale wrote:

Bill....

For a look at HO scale vehicles from the 30s and 40s check out the
following web sites:
_www.classicmetalworks.com_ (http://www.classicmetalworks.com)
_www.sheepscotscale.com_ (http://www.sheepscotscale.com)
_www.isp.on.ca/sylvan_ (http://www.isp.on.ca/sylvan)
_www.williamsbrothersmodelproducts.com/cars.html_
(http://www.williamsbrothersmodelproducts.com/cars.html)

Greg's Garage used to make resin vehicles going back into the 30s. They started out unpainted at a very reasonable price. Then they started prepainting them, and the price went up. I just did a search, and turned up a few individual vehicles, but did not find a manufacturer's web site, and they don't show up in the 2011 Walthers catalog, so I don't know what has become of the line.

Chuck Soule

Larry Wolohon

Greg's garage was from Saginaw, MI. I believe that roughly a year or 2 ago, he decided to go out of business for reason(s) unknown to me. I think that he sold mostly locally(in the SE Michigan area), as I would usually see him @ the Ann Arbor Train Show, the Gratiot Valley Train Shows & the Redford Model RR Club shows in for the past 10 or 15 years. I didn't know that he was in the Walther's Catalogs, at least there are no listing of Greg's Garage in my 2005 or 2007 Walthers catalogs.

I always thought that he did a pretty decent job for a fairly decent price, $5.00/ a model which was painted. He also did some 4 door cars & some not so common autos.

Larry Wolohon

Gene <bierglaeser@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "timken2626" <timken2626@...> wrote:

Greg's Garage used to make resin vehicles going back into the 30s. They started out unpainted at a very reasonable price. Then they started prepainting them, and the price went up. I just did a search, and turned up a few individual vehicles, but did not find a manufacturer's web site, and they don't show up in the 2011 Walthers catalog, so I don't know what has become of the line.

Chuck Soule
I find them on eBay with some regularity. With a little fussing they can be fair models but still not foreground quality in my opinion.

Someone mentioned Williams Bros. Are they shipping again?

Gene Green

North Model Railroad Supplies <nmrs@...>

Jordan Highway Miniatures make a number of pre 50s motor car and truck kits.

Cheers

Dave North