Decal Printing

O Fenton Wells

Can anyone help me getting artwork printed into decals? I have some art work that I want to have decals made from. The fellow who gave me the art work used to print on an ALPS printer but he can't use it anymore. I have used Ron at Rail Graphics, he does great work and will go back to him but was wondering if I could find an ALPS printer. Are they easily available to print a sheet or two for me? I have never heard of such a printer so I don't know where to start. Any help is appreciated.
Fenton Wells

Aidrian & Susie Bridgeman-Sutton <smokeandsteam@...>

I have used Ron at Rail Graphics, he does great work and will go back to him but was wondering if I could find an ALPS printer. Are they easily available to print a sheet or two for me? I have never heard of such a printer so I don't know where to start. Any help is appreciated.
ALPS no longer make the type of printer needed for this work; they are available second hand, but without expert advice you are very very likely to get stuck with a lemon, as they are somewhat fragile, there is a high demand for used printers, and any number of unscrupulous sellers

More info, including links to those who may do custom work can be found here <http://www.xs4all.nl/~robdebie/models/decals.htm>

Aidrian

North Model Railroad Supplies <nmrs@...>

Hi Fenton,

Join the Alpsdecal List, another Yahoo group and ask the members if anyone
can print them for you.

The last new Alps printers were manufactured in Japan last year, so
consumables will be available for another 7 years?, but the printers may not
last that long <g>.

They can be a bit fragile.

cheers

Dave North

O Fenton Wells

Thanks, I'll look into that.
Fenton

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:19 AM, North Model Railroad Supplies <
nmrs@...> wrote:

Hi Fenton,

Join the Alpsdecal List, another Yahoo group and ask the members if anyone
can print them for you.

The last new Alps printers were manufactured in Japan last year, so
consumables will be available for another 7 years?, but the printers may
not
last that long <g>.

They can be a bit fragile.

cheers