P&LE and PMcK&Y Boxcars 1910 to 1975

Larry Kline

Ben Hom wrote (on the Steam Era Freight Car Yahoo Group)
This subject definitely deserves closer analysis, and previously presented
overviews of NYCS car fleets at PM meets (English, Hinman, Kline) certainly
deserve greater distribution.

Volume 4,, Numbers 2-4 of the P&LE Historical Society Magazine "The Little Giant" is a 76 page issue on the "Boxcars of the P&LE and PMcK&Y - 1910 to 1975." Its available from the P&LE Society for $20.85 + $4.00 shipping and handling. See:
http://www.plerrhs.org/tlg/archives.html
You can download an order form using this link:
http://www.plerrhs.org/store/BookShelf.pdf

Larry Kline
VP and Editor P&LERRHS

David Sieber

Larry, many thanks for this post reminding me that I'd wanted to order that triple issue of "The Little Giant" and providing a link to the order form. Your presentation at Naperville was outstanding; I'd taken down the ordering info, but misplaced it. Now I have my order in.
However, I see on the PLERRHS web site that the latest edition of TLG, a double issue on the Youngstown P&LE station, etc., also has "P&LE Boxcars, Additions and Corrections" to the Boxcar issue. Any chance of posting those addenda on the STMFC and other lists, or as appropriate to maintain Society copyright, as an "additional info" link from the PLERRHS website? That would be grestly appreciated by those of us who model other regions, but purchase your super boxcar issue to more accurately model P&LE boxcars in our foreign RR interchange fleets.
Dave Sieber, Reno NV

Larry Kline

I added a pdf file with the additions and corrections to the files section. The file name is: "P&LE & PMcK&Y Boxcars 1910-1945 - Additions and Corrections."

Dave Sieber wrote:
I see on the PLERRHS web site that the latest edition of TLG has "P&LE Boxcars, Additions and Corrections" to the Boxcar issue. Any chance of posting those addenda on the STMFC and other lists, or as appropriate to maintain Society copyright, as an "additional info" link from the PLERRHS website? That would be grestly appreciated by those of us who model other regions, but purchase your super boxcar issue to more accurately model P&LE boxcars in our foreign RR interchange fleets.

Larry Kline
Pittsburgh, PA
VP and Editor P&LERRHS

David Sieber

--- In STMFC@..., Larry Kline wrote: I added a pdf file with the additions and corrections to the files section. The file name is: "P&LE & PMcK&Y Boxcars 1910-1945 - Additions and Corrections."

Larry, many thanks for the addenda posting! Dave Sieber