The Keystone Modeler, Spring 2011

Benjamin Hom

The Spring 2011 issue of The Keystone Modeler is online at
http://www.prrths.com/newprr_files/newPRRKeystoneModeler.htm

Articles include:

Walthers HO-Scale PRR PS21b Sleeper by Andy Miller
Prr GL and GLca Hoppers, Part II by Jim Hunter
Walthers/Proto 2000 PRR EP-3 – The EMD E7 by Jack Consoli

Enjoy!

Ben Hom

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Ben Hom wrote:
The Spring 2011 issue of The Keystone Modeler is online at
http://www.prrths.com/newprr_files/newPRRKeystoneModeler.htm
Is there a reason that the website shows both the Autumn 2010 and Spring 2011 issues as No. 75?

Publishers of books on railroad history

Benjamin Hom

Tony Thompson asked:
"Is there a reason that the website shows both the Autumn 2010
and Spring 2011 issues as No. 75?"

Typo.  Spring 2011 should be No. 76.

Ben Hom

SUVCWORR@...

Tony,

If you open the pdf file, you will find the spring edition is number 76. The link on the website has the wrong number.

Rich Orr

The Spring 2011 issue of The Keystone Modeler is online at
http://www.prrths.com/newprr_files/newPRRKeystoneModeler.htm

Is there a reason that the website shows both the Autumn 2010

and Spring 2011 issues as No. 75?

Publishers of books on railroad history

Individual Email | Traditional

(Yahoo! ID required)

STMFC-digest@...

STMFC-fullfeatured@...

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Rich Orr wrote:
If you open the pdf file, you will find the spring edition is number 76. The link on the website has the wrong number.
Thank you, Rich. I know it's that way because I downloaded it before I noticed the typo on the web page. Presumably it'll be corrected one day <g>.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Charlie Vlk

Is there something going on with the PRRHTS website? Internet Explorer shuts down as soon as the red background of the home page starts to appear....there was some message about it wanting to use a forbidden area of memory on my computer... I think this is a MicroSoft issue and not related to my AVG anti-virus protection...
Trying to view the new Keystone Modeler. Have had no problem viewing other sites on the internet today.
Charlie Vlk

martin skrzetuszewski <martinskrz@...>

I had similar difficulties and eventualy got to TKM #76 via this link:

http://www.nscalelimited.com/2011/04/27/keystone-modeler-issue-76/

Click on the link in the text.
Best regards,
Martin

Is there something going on with the PRRHTS website? Internet Explorer shuts down as soon as the red background of the home page starts to appear....there was some message about it wanting to use a forbidden area of memory on my computer... I think this is a MicroSoft issue and not related to my AVG anti-virus protection...
Trying to view the new Keystone Modeler. Have had no problem viewing other sites on the internet today.
Charlie Vlk

Charlie Vlk

Martin-
Thanks for the link. It worked like a charm!
Charlie Vlk

I had similar difficulties and eventualy got to TKM #76 via this link:

http://www.nscalelimited.com/2011/04/27/keystone-modeler-issue-76/

Click on the link in the text.
Best regards,
Martin

Rick Schoch <tuggernaut@...>

Mine hangs until that nice Java slideshow loads ;), then it's fine. My PC is
7 years old so that stuff happens occasionally. Make sure your Java is up to
date and take it from there.
Rick Schoch

Is there something going on with the PRRHTS website? Internet
Explorer shuts down as soon as the red background of the home page
starts to appear....there was some message about it wanting to use a
forbidden area of memory on my computer... I think this is a MicroSoft
issue and not related to my AVG anti-virus protection...
Trying to view the new Keystone Modeler. Have had no problem viewing
other sites on the internet today.
Charlie Vlk

SUVCWORR@...

The site has an expired digital certificate. So depending on how your firewall is set and your antivirus, it will abort or ask if you want to run the program pr just run it anyway. The certificate is from an approved site but expired. Not sure if that is a problem with the web host or the Society's page.

Rich Orr

Is there something going on with the PRRHTS website? Internet Explorer shuts

down as soon as the red background of the home page starts to appear....there

was some message about it wanting to use a forbidden area of memory on my

computer... I think this is a MicroSoft issue and not related to my AVG

anti-virus protection...

Trying to view the new Keystone Modeler. Have had no problem viewing other

sites on the internet today.

Charlie Vlk

Individual Email | Traditional

(Yahoo! ID required)

STMFC-digest@...

STMFC-fullfeatured@...

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Greg Martin

Dave,

Try saving it to your documents in Windows and open it from there.

Greg Martin

In a message dated 4/28/2011 8:18:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Lake_Muskoka@... writes:

I get about 60% of the way to completion and it just stops. Refresh, get to
60%, stops. Occasionally it gets a bug in its and's and it jumps to the
finish line, but that's very seldom.

Dave Nelson

Is there something going on with the PRRHTS website

tbarney2004

On 4/28/2011 2:47 PM, cvlk wrote:
Is there something going on with the PRRHTS website? Internet Explorer shuts down as soon as the red background of the home page starts to appear....there was some message about it wanting to use a forbidden area of memory on my computer... I think this is a MicroSoft issue and not related to my AVG anti-virus protection...
Trying to view the new Keystone Modeler. Have had no problem viewing other sites on the internet today.
Charlie Vlk

Tim Barney

martin skrzetuszewski <martinskrz@...>

Thanks for the tip, Rick.
I uninstalled Java and re-installed it and can get straight to the TKM now.
Thanks and regards,
Martin