From: al.kresse <water.kresse@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Mon, May 30, 2011 1:48 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Pre-30s Geo Survey Topo Map of Clifton Forge and Covington area

I'm looking for a pre-CCC projects Geo Survey Topo maps of the
Backbone-Covington-Potts Creek - Rich Patch-Clifton Forge, Virginia area before
all the work projects turned old railroad roadbeds into local roads or fire
trails. That whole area should be a maze of mine or furnace trackbeds. Blast
furnaces closed in the teens and twenties, but their iron ore mines stayed open
longer.

The quadrant should break right around Low Moor between Covington and Clifton
Forge. WE have an 1894 topo map of Clifton Forge east almost to Goshen and down
to Glenn Wilton.

Thanks,

Al Kresse

water.kresse@...

Rich,

Many thanks!

Do you know what dpi they have scanned them at?  MyTopo is marginal:  OK for a PPT presentation, but leaves a little to be desired for an article image.

Al