Yardmaster 1937 AAR reappears

Bob Sterner

I'm missing the way Branchline gave dates on their web listings. What are the dates of the paint schemes of the new Atlas offerings of the former Branchline Yardmaster '37 car?

FEC
MEC
NP
ATSF
UP

http://www.atlasrr.com/HOFreight/ho1937boxcar.htm

Also, it was pointed out on another list that Atlas is now offering the former Branchline parts, which is good news indeed.

https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/items.asp?Cc=BLPARTS

Bob Sterner
St. Paul, MN

Andy Laurent

It is tough to see in the zoom-artwork, but looks like:

FEC - '?0
MEC - '54
NP - '41
ATSF - '62
UP - '57

Andy L.

--- In STMFC@..., "Bob Sterner" <rwsterner@...> wrote:

I'm missing the way Branchline gave dates on their web listings. What are the dates of the paint schemes of the new Atlas offerings of the former Branchline Yardmaster '37 car?

FEC
MEC
NP
ATSF
UP

http://www.atlasrr.com/HOFreight/ho1937boxcar.htm

Also, it was pointed out on another list that Atlas is now offering the former Branchline parts, which is good news indeed.

https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/items.asp?Cc=BLPARTS

Bob Sterner
St. Paul, MN

npin53

The steel NP box car, with a 60' Monad and "Mainstreet" slogan, would have been re-painted starting about 1951.

Aaron

--- In STMFC@..., "Bob Sterner" <rwsterner@...> wrote:

I'm missing the way Branchline gave dates on their web listings. What are the dates of the paint schemes of the new Atlas offerings of the former Branchline Yardmaster '37 car?

FEC
MEC
NP
ATSF
UP

http://www.atlasrr.com/HOFreight/ho1937boxcar.htm

Also, it was pointed out on another list that Atlas is now offering the former Branchline parts, which is good news indeed.

https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/items.asp?Cc=BLPARTS

Bob Sterner
St. Paul, MN

Dave Sarther

Bob,

This is great news. Thanks for sharing. I placed an order today for some parts I needed.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ

I'm missing the way Branchline gave dates on their web listings. What are the dates of the paint schemes of the new Atlas offerings of the former Branchline Yardmaster '37 car?

FEC
MEC
NP
ATSF
UP

http://www.atlasrr.com/HOFreight/ho1937boxcar.htm

Also, it was pointed out on another list that Atlas is now offering the former Branchline parts, which is good news indeed.

https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/items.asp?Cc=BLPARTS

Bob Sterner
St. Paul, MN

Tim O'Connor

Bob Sterner wrote

I'm missing the way Branchline gave dates on their web listings. What
are the dates of the paint schemes of the new Atlas offerings of the former
Branchline Yardmaster '37 car?

FEC -- 1961 is the earliest date I have
MEC -- mid 1950's
NP -- the 48" emblem appeared after 1948
ATSF -- late 1950's I think
UP -- 8/1956 to 1963

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Hello Group,

For the ATSF '37 box car... 1959 and later.

Happy Modeling,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Sep 9, 2011, at 9:39 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Bob Sterner wrote

I'm missing the way Branchline gave dates on their web listings. What
are the dates of the paint schemes of the new Atlas offerings of the former
Branchline Yardmaster '37 car?

FEC -- 1961 is the earliest date I have
MEC -- mid 1950's
NP -- the 48" emblem appeared after 1948
ATSF -- late 1950's I think
UP -- 8/1956 to 1963

Bob Sterner

Thanks, all, and I accidentally left off the CP script car from my list.

Bob Sterner

--- In STMFC@..., William Keene <wakeene@...> wrote:

Hello Group,

For the ATSF '37 box car... 1959 and later.

Happy Modeling,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Sep 9, 2011, at 9:39 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Bob Sterner wrote

I'm missing the way Branchline gave dates on their web listings. What
are the dates of the paint schemes of the new Atlas offerings of the former
Branchline Yardmaster '37 car?

FEC -- 1961 is the earliest date I have
MEC -- mid 1950's
NP -- the 48" emblem appeared after 1948
ATSF -- late 1950's I think
UP -- 8/1956 to 1963

Richard Hendrickson

On Sep 9, 2011, at 9:39 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Bob Sterner wrote

I'm missing the way Branchline gave dates on their web listings. What
are the dates of the paint schemes of the new Atlas offerings of
the former
Branchline Yardmaster '37 car?

FEC -- 1961 is the earliest date I have
MEC -- mid 1950's
NP -- the 48" emblem appeared after 1948
ATSF -- late 1950's I think
UP -- 8/1956 to 1963
The "giant herald" scheme for Santa Fe house cars first appeared in
1959, so barely qualifies under the STMFC time limits.

Richard Hendrickson

John Riddell <jriddell@...>

CP started applying the script lettering when repainting boxcars in approx August 1962.

John Riddell

rashputin1 <rashputin@...>

I uploaded the last Yardmaster catalog and the last complete Branchline catalog .pdf files I have. I've referred to them frequently when considering various cars and hadn't really noticed that Atlas wasn't keeping the same sort of information on their site. These should help with both the year on the cars and with what parts are available.

R Hume

Regards

Don <riverman_vt@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "rashputin1" <rashputin@...> wrote:

I uploaded the last Yardmaster catalog and the last complete Branchline catalog .pdf files I have. I've referred to them frequently when considering various cars and hadn't really noticed that Atlas wasn't keeping the same sort of information on their site. These should help with both the year on the cars and with what parts are available.

R Hume

Clearly it is time that a number of us suggest to Atlas that they continue to provide such information on the Branchline cars and consider adding more for their own as well. The little info Atlas has provided regarding the dates of paint patterns and builders dates has been helpful but I usually found the Branchline info more so.

Cordially, Don Valentine