From: espeeac12 <mileswestern@gmail.com>
To: STMFC <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Sep 28, 2011 2:51 pm
Subject: [STMFC] B&O Wagontop Paintscheme timeline

The new Fox Valley offerings in HO feature the oxide brown original scheme from

1937 and the mineral boxcar red "billboard" B&O with the capitol logo. When was

that scheme introduced?

-Miles C.

Individual Email | Traditional

(Yahoo! ID required)

STMFC-digest@yahoogroups.com

STMFC-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

rwitt_2000

Or one can go to the original source the stenciling diagrams developed
by Chris Barkan in the 1990s located on the B&O Historical Society web
site.

http://borhs.org/Logos/bo_font_logo.html

Bob Witt

B&O Emblem & Stencling Guides
B&ORRHS member Dr. Chris Barkan worked to produce these 3 guides which
can be used in conjunction with the logo and font files to create
decals and correctly place the images on your models or restorations.

B&O Emblems 1937-1960
DOWNLOAD: PDF <http://borhs.org/Logos/CBarkan/BO_Emblems_1937-60s.pdf>

B&O Boxcar Stenciling 1920-1960
DOWNLOAD: PDF
<http://borhs.org/Logos/CBarkan/BOBoxcarStenciling1920-60s.pdf>

B&O Hopper Stenciling 1940-1960
DOWNLOAD: PDF
<http://borhs.org/Logos/CBarkan/BOHopperStenciling1940-60s.pdf>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, SUVCWORR@... wrote:

If you go to Fox Valley's web site they list the dates of all 6 paint
schemes they are releasing.

www.foxvalleymodels.com

Just check the Sept 2011 and Feb 2011 announcement links.

Rich Orr

The new Fox Valley offerings in HO feature the oxide brown original
scheme from

1937 and the mineral boxcar red "billboard" B&O with the capitol logo.
When was

that scheme introduced?

-Miles C.

Individual Email | Traditional

(Yahoo! ID required)

STMFC-digest@yahoogroups.com

STMFC-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Andy Harman

At 03:43 PM 9/28/2011 -0400, you wrote:

If you go to Fox Valley's web site they list the dates of all 6 paint
schemes they are releasing.

They're showing the release dates (which were a bit optimistic) but no
prototype time line for the paint schemes.

Andy

SUVCWORR@...

Andy,

They are on the flyer for the second release -- Sept announcements.

Rich Orr

If you go to Fox Valley's web site they list the dates of all 6 paint
schemes they are releasing.

They're showing the release dates (which were a bit optimistic) but no
prototype time line for the paint schemes.

Andy

rwitt_2000

Also look at the information in Message #103577 where I referenced and
provided links to the B&O Historical Society web site.

Bob Witt