Topics

Precision Scale Part #s

Bill Welch

For anyone interested, I looked through my Rubbermaid container of
Tank car parts to inventory my supply of brass Precision Scale
handrail supports or stanchions. I could not remember if the part
numbers had been posted so here they are.

32110 these are parts that come with their little tank car kit, there
are four frets in the packet, with 7 side stanchions and 2 end
stanchions.

48269 I think these are catalogued as pipe brackets. There are 14 per
packet and the shank is heftier than on the above parts. My note on
the packet says to use a #68 drill bit. These are just different
enough from the above to represent a nice variation.

I have not priced these recently so I am not sure if one represents a
better value than the other but I like having both and have used both
with pleasing results.
Bill Welch
2225 Nursery Road; #20-104
Clearwater, FL 33764-7622
727.470.9930
fgexbill@...

Tim O'Connor

I've tried several retailers and have never been able to obtain
a package of the #32110 pipe brackets. Can anyone recommend a mail
order dealer who can actually sell me some?

Thanks
Tim O'Connor

For anyone interested, I looked through my Rubbermaid container of
Tank car parts to inventory my supply of brass Precision Scale
handrail supports or stanchions. I could not remember if the part
numbers had been posted so here they are.

32110 these are parts that come with their little tank car kit, there
are four frets in the packet, with 7 side stanchions and 2 end
stanchions.

48269 I think these are catalogued as pipe brackets. There are 14 per
packet and the shank is heftier than on the above parts. My note on
the packet says to use a #68 drill bit. These are just different
enough from the above to represent a nice variation.

I have not priced these recently so I am not sure if one represents a
better value than the other but I like having both and have used both
with pleasing results.

Bill Welch

Jack Burgess

<I've tried several retailers and have never been able to obtain
<a package of the #32110 pipe brackets. Can anyone recommend a mail
<order dealer who can actually sell me some?

As mentioned before, PSC sells direct but there is a $30 minimum order.

Jack Burgess

Bill Welch

Tim

Central Hobby supply in Syracuse has always been able to get PSC parts for me. Ask for Bill.

Bill Welch

[...]

Rich C

I have gotten mine (32110)  from Caboose Hobbies in Colorado.

Rich Christie

________________________________

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

I've tried several retailers and have never been able to obtain a package of the #32110 pipe brackets. Can anyone recommend a mail order dealer who can actually sell me some?
I had the same experience, Tim, so I bit the bullet and bought them direct. Tony

mrcustom@...

Did you try the Whistle Stop in Passadena ?

If you order from Caboose Hobbies they will get the parts for you.

Marcelo

<I've tried several retailers and have never been able to obtain
<a package of the #32110 pipe brackets. Can anyone recommend a mail
<order dealer who can actually sell me some?

As mentioned before, PSC sells direct but there is a $30 minimum order.

Jack Burgess

James F. Brewer <jfbrewer@...>

I've always had great service from Mainline Hobby Supply in Blue Ridge Summit, PA

Jim Brewer

Glenwood MD