My first Lisle, ex-Naperville RPM

npin53

Gents, is there going to be any formal, or informal, gathering of Steam Era Freight Car members next week in Lisle, Il? Maybe a special handshake or color to wear, or not to wear, while I am there to separate me from the modern modelers or diesel lover crowd?

Look forward to meeting those of you who will be there.

Aaron Gjermundson

Bill Welch

There is the "Friends of the Freight Car" dinner Thursday night, which many of us will be gathering. It is $27. I was late with my payment, mailing it Tuesday. According to Joe Delia, there was room when he responded to my email late last week.

Although all are welcomed, we Steam folks still predominate. There are a couple of Prototype Police that you may want to try to identify early. They are quite harmless, although that may be news to them.

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "Aaron Gjermundson" <npin53@...> wrote:

Gents, is there going to be any formal, or informal, gathering of Steam Era Freight Car members next week in Lisle, Il? Maybe a special handshake or color to wear, or not to wear, while I am there to separate me from the modern modelers or diesel lover crowd?

Look forward to meeting those of you who will be there.

Aaron Gjermundson

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 12, 2011, at 1:40 PM, Aaron Gjermundson wrote:

Gents, is there going to be any formal, or informal, gathering of
Steam Era Freight Car members next week in Lisle, Il? Maybe a
special handshake or color to wear, or not to wear, while I am
there to separate me from the modern modelers or diesel lover crowd?
Aaron, Bill Welch has already responded regarding the Friends of the
Freight Car dinner on Thursday evening. I will add that there will
be new Friends of the Freight Car polo shirts for sale at the Lisle
meeting as well, for the first time in a number of years.

Richard Hendrickson

Dave Nelson

Denim vest covered in patches for dozens of railroads. Wearing a conductors
cap earns extra points. Shirt tail peeking out in jammed pants zipper.
Slow, dull expression on face, maybe a bit of drool spilling from one lip.

Oh... Sorry, wrong model railroading convention.

STMFC at Lisle? Ordinary casual wear is perfectly fine.

Dave Nelson

ken_olson54022 <kwolson@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Dave Nelson" <Lake_Muskoka@...> wrote:

Denim vest covered in patches for dozens of railroads. Wearing a conductors
cap earns extra points. Shirt tail peeking out in jammed pants zipper.
Slow, dull expression on face, maybe a bit of drool spilling from one lip.
Dang it!
I keep forgetting about the shirt tail/zipper thing.
No wonder everyone seems to avoid me......

Olson in Wisconsin

naptownprr

Would there be any way of getting one of those polo shirts if I can't make it to Lisle?

Jim Hunter

Quoting Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>:

On Oct 12, 2011, at 1:40 PM, Aaron Gjermundson wrote:

Gents, is there going to be any formal, or informal, gathering of
Steam Era Freight Car members next week in Lisle, Il? Maybe a
special handshake or color to wear, or not to wear, while I am
there to separate me from the modern modelers or diesel lover crowd?
Aaron, Bill Welch has already responded regarding the Friends of the
Freight Car dinner on Thursday evening. I will add that there will
be new Friends of the Freight Car polo shirts for sale at the Lisle
meeting as well, for the first time in a number of years.

Richard Hendrickson

Andy Harman

At 03:10 PM 10/12/2011 -0700, you wrote:
Freight Car dinner on Thursday evening. I will add that there will
be new Friends of the Freight Car polo shirts for sale at the Lisle
meeting as well, for the first time in a number of years.
Put me down for a 2x although I could probably fit into a 1x, no sense taking any chances. What I really need is a chameleon shirt, the one for those with Multiple Decade Disorder.

Andy

Andy Harman

At 03:10 PM 10/12/2011 -0700, you wrote:
Freight Car dinner on Thursday evening. I will add that there will
be new Friends of the Freight Car polo shirts for sale at the Lisle
meeting as well, for the first time in a number of years.
Oh BTW, is it going to feature an N&W hopper? :-)

Andy

tyesac@...

No, nor is is likely to include the infamous USRA standard "searchlight" car design either.

Tom C

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Richard Hendrickson wrote:
Aaron, Bill Welch has already responded regarding the Friends of the Freight Car dinner on Thursday evening. I will add that there will be new Friends of the Freight Car polo shirts for sale at the Lisle meeting as well, for the first time in a number of years.
The shirts have indeed been made and will be at the meeting. Both Richard and I have been receiving off-list e-mails about shirts (which is the proper procedure), and I thought I should make the point to the whole list which I've been making privately. We are happy to accommodate people who will NOT be at the Lisle meeting, but only after the meeting, and that accommodation obviously will be subject to the amount of sales at the meeting. Some sizes may sell out (Richard and I hope that MANY sell out <g>, for obvious reasons). It was our plan to sell the shirts also at Cocoa Beach in January, but obviously those sales will be have to be whatever is left after Lisle.
A few people who are not going to Lisle have made prior arrangements to buy shirts, but at this point that process has closed.

Publishers of books on railroad history

npin53

Thanks for all of the responses.

I'm riding the Empire Builder, and it comes in late on Thursday afternoon, so I did not sign up for the Friends of the Freight car dinner.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Aaron