Topics

B&O, GM&N

bill_d_goat

A friend of mine has a GM&N double sheathed (Athearn) boxcar painted lime green with a brown door, #20141. I am trying to learn if this is legitimate. It was a SER Region convention car run by a GM&O modeler, now deceased so I would have thought it to be accurate.
Also, is the brown color of the new Fox Valley B&O M-53 wagontop boxcars correct. I have seen pictures of models painted in a brighter red.
Bill Williams

Scott Pitzer

For those who came along after the M-53 question was split off...
I don't think anyone answered the GM&N part, but I declared it to be a "foobie model" (one that's not prototype)... but iPhone decided I must be trying to type "foible" instead...
Perhaps GM&N had at least one somewhat similar box car in lime green with a brown door, which would make it somewhat "legitimate," but the Athearn model can really only be made into GN or NP if you're trying to approach "accurate."
Scott Pitzer