From: Anthony Thompson
To: STMFC@...
Sent: 10/24/2011 4:12:23 PM
Subject: [STMFC] FOTFC shirts

Just an update for those interested. We sold around half the
shirts at Lisle, and will take the remainder to Cocoa Beach in
January. At this point, so as to have a good selection at Cocoa Beach,
I'd prefer not to sell shirts by mail in the interim. If you have
already reserved a shirt, it will be mailed. Otherwise, I want to wait
until after Cocoa Beach before filling any more mail orders.
Anyone not aware of what these are, and the history behind them,
please see my blog post:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2011/10/friends-of-freight-car.html

Publishers of books on railroad history

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

gary laakso wrote:
Are you considering doing a version captioned: "friends of the stash of resin car kit boxes"?
Interesting thought, Gary. <g> But then would we have to define what is a "big" stash of kits? Would a person owning a single unbuilt resin kit qualify? This opens a can of worms I'm not sure I want to look into.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Jeff Shultz <jeff@...>

On Mon, October 24, 2011 1:41 pm, Anthony Thompson wrote:
gary laakso wrote:
Are you considering doing a version captioned: "friends of the
stash of resin car kit boxes"?
Interesting thought, Gary. <g> But then would we have to define
what is a "big" stash of kits? Would a person owning a single unbuilt
resin kit qualify? This opens a can of worms I'm not sure I want to
look into.
This conversation has just inspired me to dream up a "Model Marinator"
logo... perhaps a couple stacks of Shake the Box kit boxes as viewed from
the end.

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com

Schuyler Larrabee

Wull . . . .

I think I reserved one. What color(s) are they? Large, black if that's an
option . . .

Let me know the $.

SGL

Just an update for those interested. We sold around half the
shirts at Lisle, and will take the remainder to Cocoa Beach in
January. At this point, so as to have a good selection at Cocoa Beach,
I'd prefer not to sell shirts by mail in the interim. If you have
already reserved a shirt, it will be mailed. Otherwise, I want to wait
until after Cocoa Beach before filling any more mail orders.
Anyone not aware of what these are, and the history behind them,
please see my blog post:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2011/10/friends-of-freight-car.html

<mailto:thompson%40signaturepress.com>
Publishers of books on railroad history

=======
=======

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======

Tim O'Connor

If the weight of your stash exceeds your body weight, then you
qualify for the "big" stash distinction. Otherwise, you are just
a piker. :-)

Tim O'Connor

gary laakso wrote:
Are you considering doing a version captioned: "friends of the
stash of resin car kit boxes"?
Interesting thought, Gary. <g> But then would we have to define
what is a "big" stash of kits? Would a person owning a single unbuilt
resin kit qualify? This opens a can of worms I'm not sure I want to
look into.

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor

Tony, is it my imagination or have you not done the most obvious
choice of color yet: Freight Car Red! :-)

Tim O'

Tim O'Connor wrote:
Tony, is it my imagination or have you not done the most obvious choice of color yet: Freight Car Red! :-)
That was what I originally intended for the first shirt, the box car (the entire history is posted on my blog). But reefers are yellow and tank cars are black. The gondola had a couple recommendations to do "a nice looking shirt" so we went with dark red. Maybe some day there will be a BCR shirt. Probably when we do the GS gondola. <g>

Publishers of books on railroad history