IM Milw RS box car

Clark Propst

I started an Intermountain ribside box car kit today. I really think it's one of the best plastic kits I've assembled...well, not quite assembled. Seems the underbody detail sprue wasn't in the box. I called, they said they'd send me another.

Nice model : )
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Tim O'Connor

Clark

It would be even nicer if the side tooling were symmetrical.

See Ed Hawkins' detailed analysis of this kit in the archives.
The Exactrail model is better, or at least, it doesn't have the
defects found in Intermountain's model.

Ridiculous hobby, eh? For YEARS we had no ribsides, and no M-53's.
Now we have what, SIX vendors (4 resin, 2 plastic) with M-53's and
FOUR vendors of ribsides (1 resin, 3 plastic).

Talk about Harmonic Convergence... or Groupthink. :-\

I started an Intermountain ribside box car kit today. I really think it's one of the best plastic kits I've assembled...well, not quite assembled. Seems the underbody detail sprue wasn't in the box. I called, they said they'd send me another.
Nice model : )
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Clark Propst

Tim,
I just said the model was fun to build. And are we complaining about too much of a good thing? : ))

Clark Propst

Clark

It would be even nicer if the side tooling were symmetrical.

See Ed Hawkins' detailed analysis of this kit in the archives.
The Exactrail model is better, or at least, it doesn't have the
defects found in Intermountain's model.

Ridiculous hobby, eh? For YEARS we had no ribsides, and no M-53's.
Now we have what, SIX vendors (4 resin, 2 plastic) with M-53's and
FOUR vendors of ribsides (1 resin, 3 plastic).

Talk about Harmonic Convergence... or Groupthink. :-&#92;

I started an Intermountain ribside box car kit today. I really think it's one of the best plastic kits I've assembled...well, not quite assembled. Seems the underbody detail sprue wasn't in the box. I called, they said they'd send me another.
Nice model : )
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Tim O'Connor

Clark, not to be too nitpicky, but "one of the best plastic kits I've
assembled" is not the same statement as "this model is fun to build"...

The Tichy (Gould) tank car kit may be the best engineered plastic kit
in HO scale ever, and is a joy to build. But I think I might run into
some flak here if I said it was the "best plastic kit"...

Hey, I have fun building Athearn blue box kits! They're probably a lot
more "fun" than most resin kits. I have nothing against having fun! :-)

Tim O'

Tim,
I just said the model was fun to build. And are we complaining about too much of a good thing? : ))
Clark Propst

Clark

It would be even nicer if the side tooling were symmetrical.

See Ed Hawkins' detailed analysis of this kit in the archives.
The Exactrail model is better, or at least, it doesn't have the
defects found in Intermountain's model.

I started an Intermountain ribside box car kit today. I really think it's one of the best plastic kits I've assembled...well, not quite assembled. Seems the underbody detail sprue wasn't in the box. I called, they said they'd send me another.
Nice model : )
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Clark Propst

Gee, I guess saying "You know what I meant" does cutting it here...
Clark Propst

ken_olson54022 <kwolson@...>

--- In STMFC@..., cepropst@... wrote:

Gee, I guess saying "You know what I meant" does cutting it here...
Clark Propst
They used to pound this into us at work.
Instead of just communicating so that you can be understood, you should try to communicate so that you CANNOT be MISUNDERSTOOD.

Ken Olson