National C-1 truck

mopacfirst

I'm in need of a National C-1 70 ton truck, and I see references in this list to a 'very poor representation' that's on some Atlas car. Can anyone cite the particular car this 'very poor' truck is under, if it's still in production?

Ron Merrick

Richard Hendrickson

On Dec 5, 2011, at 12:54 PM, mopacfirst wrote:

I'm in need of a National C-1 70 ton truck, and I see references in
this list to a 'very poor representation' that's on some Atlas car.
Can anyone cite the particular car this 'very poor' truck is under,
if it's still in production?

Ron Merrick
Ron, Eastern Car Works has a 55 ton National C-1 truck kit with the
correct (and distinctive) C-1 side frame configuration, and this
might work as a 70 ton truck as well, since (as usual with HO truck
side frames) the journal boxes are a bit oversize. Stock number
9059. These are kits where the side frames and bolster have to be
glued together, but aside from making sure that alignment is correct
so that all four wheels track properly, I haven't found that to be
difficult. They're a bit lame by comparison with current HO trucks
(e.g., no brake shoes or rigging) but the side frames look good.

Richard Hendrickson

Bryan Busséy

Ron, the National C-1 truck you are seeking is on the Atlas Hart ballast
cars, and they are an active product line.

bb

On 12/5/2011 5:18 PM, Richard Hendrickson wrote:

On Dec 5, 2011, at 12:54 PM, mopacfirst wrote:

I'm in need of a National C-1 70 ton truck, and I see references in
this list to a 'very poor representation' that's on some Atlas car.
Can anyone cite the particular car this 'very poor' truck is under,
if it's still in production?

Ron Merrick

mopacfirst

I love the fact that this group can come with multiple suggestions, within hours, on some things.

While I have a few assembled and unassembled ECW trucks in inventory, this one was not among them. A short Google found one hobby shop in Canada who listed them, but they didn't indicate if in stock. Atlas actually had the truck listed as a part, so I bought a couple. They'll go under the car anyway (Athearn UP Airslide) and I think I have a couple other needs for this truck, but if they really don't look or behave well, then the next time this truck is produced by someone else then I'll replace them.

Thanks, guys.

Ron Merrick

--- In STMFC@..., Bryan Busséy <bbussey@...> wrote:

Ron, the National C-1 truck you are seeking is on the Atlas Hart ballast
cars, <snip>

bb

On 12/5/2011 5:18 PM, Richard Hendrickson wrote:
<snip>