From: mark <tavwot@yahoo.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2011 10:57 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Photo's

I have quite a number of negatives from the 30's & 40's that I need to make prints from.The problem is I can't find any place or anyone who can make prints from negatives any more.does anyone here know where I can get these prints made.Thanks Mark McCoy tavwot@yahoo.com

John C. La Rue, Jr. <MOFWCABOOSE@...>

I can do it.

John C. La Rue, Jr.
Bonita Springs, FL

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Mark McCoy wrote:
I have quite a number of negatives from the 30's & 40's that I need to make prints from.The problem is I can't find any place or anyone who can make prints from negatives any more.does anyone here know where I can get these prints made.
Art photographers and hobbyists continue to need photolab services. Large cities have such labs, and a number of them can be contacted on line and orders can be placed.

Publishers of books on railroad history

RICH CHAPIN

Mark,

Gene Collora does very nice dark room prints. Can do most sized negatives except 35mm.

His contact: trnbuffpix@aol.com

Rich Chapin

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "mark" <tavwot@...> wrote:

I have quite a number of negatives from the 30's & 40's that I need to make prints from.The problem is I can't find any place or anyone who can make prints from negatives any more.does anyone here know where I can get these prints made.Thanks Mark McCoy tavwot@...

Jeff Coleman

Holland Photo is a pro lab in Austin TX, they do excellent work!
http://www.hollandphoto.com/html/

Jeff Coleman

Mark McCoy wrote:
I have quite a number of negatives from the 30's & 40's that I need
to make prints from.The problem is I can't find any place or anyone
who can make prints from negatives any more.does anyone here know
where I can get these prints made.
Art photographers and hobbyists continue to need photolab
services. Large cities have such labs, and a number of them can be
contacted on line and orders can be placed.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Joel Holmes <lehighvalley@...>

Hi Mark,

What type of negatives are these? B&W, color, size, etc.

Joel Holmes

I have quite a number of negatives from the 30's & 40's that I need to
make prints from.The problem is I can't find any place or anyone who can
make prints from negatives any more.does anyone here know where I can get
these prints made.Thanks Mark McCoy tavwot@yahoo.com

Mark Stamm

Mark,

I used the link enclosed to create digital images from some old B/W
negatives, it worked nicely. If you have a digital camera or camcorder it
might be worth a shot (no pun intended).

http://shotcopy.com/copynegatives.htm

Regards,

Mark Stamm
PRRT&HS # 8462

mark@euphoriatt.com

I have quite a number of negatives from the 30's & 40's that I need to make
prints from.The problem is I can't find any place or anyone who can make
prints from negatives any more.does anyone here know where I can get these
prints made.Thanks Mark McCoy tavwot@yahoo.com <mailto:tavwot%40yahoo.com>

ROGER HINMAN

An ebay seller, "kencophoto", sends an advertiser with the b/w prints he sells stating he can do prints. If you're going to be in Cocoa Beach you may want to try John LaRue.

Roger Hinman
On Dec 27, 2011, at 1:57 AM, mark wrote:

I have quite a number of negatives from the 30's & 40's that I need to make prints from.The problem is I can't find any place or anyone who can make prints from negatives any more.does anyone here know where I can get these prints made.Thanks Mark McCoy tavwot@yahoo.com

Steve SANDIFER

One option is to scan them and then convert negative to positive.  Then you can print them digitally.

An ebay seller, "kencophoto", sends an advertiser with the b/w prints he sells stating he can do prints. If you're going to be in Cocoa Beach you may want to try John LaRue.

Roger Hinman
On Dec 27, 2011, at 1:57 AM, mark wrote:

I have quite a number of negatives from the 30's & 40's that I need to make prints from.The problem is I can't find any place or anyone who can make prints from negatives any more.does anyone here know where I can get these prints made.Thanks Mark McCoy tavwot@yahoo.com

tmolsen@...

Mark,

Tony is correct in regard to many large cities having professional labs that can do film printing from negatives.

In the Wilmington Delaware area there is a professional lab called "Colourworks" that does traditional photographic printing, transparencies and digital imaging, both color and black and white. They have done work for me at reasonable price and with excellent results.

If you are interested, email me off list and I will supply you with their contact information.

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road, West Branch
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479
(302) 738-4292