Preserved stock cars

Steve SANDIFER

I'm accumulating a list of preserved stock cars around the country. If you know of one in a museum near you, please send me the information. Ones I have seen include:
http://atsfrr.net/resources/Sandifer/Clinics/Stk/PresStk.htm
______________
J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer
mailto:steve.sandifer@sbcglobal.net

Paul <kruegerp@...>

The National Park Service has a stock car at the Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site in MT. They don't identify the railroad though.

http://www.hscl.cr.nps.gov/insidenps/report.asp?STATE=MT&PARK=GRKO&STRUCTURE=stock%20car&SORT=&RECORDNO=1

It looks like they have a wood sheathed NP box car too (click on record 2).

Paul
Seattle, W

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Sandifer" <steve.sandifer@...> wrote:

I'm accumulating a list of preserved stock cars around the country. If you know of one in a museum near you, please send me the information. Ones I have seen include:
http://atsfrr.net/resources/Sandifer/Clinics/Stk/PresStk.htm
______________
J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer
mailto:steve.sandifer@...

Steve SANDIFER

Thanks.
______________
J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer
mailto:steve.sandifer@sbcglobal.net

The National Park Service has a stock car at the Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site in MT. They don't identify the railroad though.

http://www.hscl.cr.nps.gov/insidenps/report.asp?STATE=MT&PARK=GRKO&STRUCTURE=stock%20car&SORT=&RECORDNO=1

It looks like they have a wood sheathed NP box car too (click on record 2).

Paul
Seattle, W

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Sandifer" <steve.sandifer@...> wrote:

> I'm accumulating a list of preserved stock cars around the country. If you know of one in a museum near you, please send me the information. Ones I have seen include:
> http://atsfrr.net/resources/Sandifer/Clinics/Stk/PresStk.htm
> ______________
> J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer
> mailto:steve.sandifer@...
> Home: 12027 Mulholland Drive, Meadows Place, TX 77477, 281-568-9918
> Office: Southwest Central Church of Christ, 4011 W. Bellfort, Houston, TX 77025, 713-667-9417

al_brown03

McCarter, "Guide to the Milwaukee Road in Montana", p 65, says this is a Milwaukee Road car. I don't know how dependable this source is, but the car in the Park Service photo does sorta resemble Westerfield kit #8201.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <kruegerp@...> wrote:

The National Park Service has a stock car at the Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site in MT. They don't identify the railroad though.

http://www.hscl.cr.nps.gov/insidenps/report.asp?STATE=MT&PARK=GRKO&STRUCTURE=stock%20car&SORT=&RECORDNO=1

It looks like they have a wood sheathed NP box car too (click on record 2).

Paul
Seattle, W

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Sandifer" <steve.sandifer@> wrote:

I'm accumulating a list of preserved stock cars around the country. If you know of one in a museum near you, please send me the information. Ones I have seen include:
http://atsfrr.net/resources/Sandifer/Clinics/Stk/PresStk.htm

dennyanspach <danspach@...>

The California State Railroad Museum has in its collections Western Pacific stock car #75893, a converted box car originally built in 1916. I personally picked out this car (and two DS box cars) from a WP/SN scrap line in 1971. This event was prompted by an unexpected call from the WP to "get over there (West Sacramento), pick out the cars that you want. They are all going tomorrow."

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento