Buford Wyoming

Steve and Barb Hile

Hey Mike,

Did you see where you can buy the whole town of Buford and relocate to
Sherman Hill? :>)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/entire-town-buford-wyoming-sale-sole-re
sident-183155529.html

Steve Hile

Mikebrock

Steve Hile writes:

"Did you see where you can buy the whole town of Buford and relocate to
Sherman Hill? :>)"

Very tempting. There are likely tons of old cinders waiting there for me to add to my collection. The only real problem is that the local golf course is in Denver.

Mike Brock

Balryan <balryan@...>

Mike,
You don't have to go to Denver to golf there is some what of a golf course around Little America in Cheyenne. Not sure on the par.
Ryan Ballard

Aley, Jeff A

I didn't understand this article. I thought the sole resident of Buford was Bruce Smith.

Regards,

-Jeff

P.S. Yeah, it's off-topic. But we're poking fun at the Listowner, so it's okay.

Jeff Aley...moideling the UP Kansas Div [ wherever that is ] and, therefore, not really conversant in matters associated with the UP He-man Mainline through WY...writes:

"I didn't understand this article. I thought the sole resident of Buford was Bruce Smith."

No, no. Bruce Smith is located at Bruceford...a few miles west [ I guess ] of Buford. He switches frt cars there [ when he isn't shorting out the entire RR ].

"P.S. Yeah, it's off-topic. But we're poking fun at the Listowner, so it's okay."

You mean this is a topic?

Mike Brock

Jared Harper

I thought the same.
Jared Harper
Athens, GA

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Aley, Jeff A" <Jeff.A.Aley@...> wrote:

I didn't understand this article. I thought the sole resident of Buford was Bruce Smith.

Regards,

-Jeff

P.S. Yeah, it's off-topic. But we're poking fun at the Listowner, so it's okay.

Did you see where you can buy the whole town of Buford and relocate to
Sherman Hill? :>)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/entire-town-buford-wyoming-sale-sole-resident-183155529.html

Steve Hile

Jack Mullen

But then the denizens of this list would be faced with spending early January in Wyoming.

Cow Chip Beach PMM anyone?

Jack Mullen

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Brock" <brockm@...> wrote:

Steve Hile writes:

"Did you see where you can buy the whole town of Buford and relocate to
Sherman Hill? :>)"

Very tempting. There are likely tons of old cinders waiting there for me to
add to my collection. The only real problem is that the local golf course is
in Denver.

Mike Brock

SUVCWORR@...

Umm Little America and Cheyene are 283 miles apart. That is going to be some kind of par for that course.

Rich Orr

You don't have to go to Denver to golf there is some what of a golf course
around Little America in Cheyenne. Not sure on the par.
Ryan Ballard

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

Silly me! I thought that the Moderate Jail was in Buford, Wyoming! Maybe I can look out the window at those UP freight trains running as often as streetcars? And daydream of them being pulled by Big Boys?

:)

Steve Lucas.

From: "Mike Brock" <brockm@cfl.rr.com>

Well...don't blame the UP supervisors. They finally found someone who could
operate the turntable at Laramie and...

BTW...is this in scope?

Mike Brock...where IS that red switch?

john.allyn@...

This may be the funniest thread I've ever seen on STMFC.  No jailing, please.

John B. Allyn

Well...don't blame the UP supervisors. They finally found someone who could
operate the turntable at Laramie and...

BTW...is this in scope?

Mike Brock...where IS that red switch?

Bill Schneider

Where is “Bruceton”? Probably some back-water SP town.....

The residents of Bruceford... errr... Buford SHOULD be locked up if they stole O&W coal!

Bill Schneider

From: "Mike Brock" < mailto:brockm%40cfl.rr.com >

Well...don't blame the UP supervisors. They finally found someone who could

operate the turntable at Laramie and...

BTW...is this in scope?

Mike Brock...where IS that red switch?

Individual Email | Traditional