new decals

jerryglow2

`New this week are sets for a C&NW USRA rebuild
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/CNW_rebuild.jpg and a Rock
Island USRA rebuild http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/RI_rbld.jpg

A set for the Stark Bros car has also been added:
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/Stark.jpg

--
Jerry Glow
The Villages FL

Clark Propst

You do amazing work Jery.

I just amazed myself. I'm decaling a CB&Q 35000 series box car with Micro Scale decals. I have a RMJ with a photo, plus the CBQHS bullitin on those style box cars. I still managed to put the first slogan on the wrong side of the car! And applied a coat of Mircosol. It was when I was going to apply the second dose of Micrsol that I niticed the screw up. I was able to flood the area with water and lift the slogan up with the tip of my knife blade. I transferred the decal to my dish of water to straighten it out then poured it onto the other side of the car. Whew!
Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@..., Gerald Glow <jerryglow@...> wrote:

`New this week are sets for a C&NW USRA rebuild
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/CNW_rebuild.jpg and a Rock
Island USRA rebuild http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/RI_rbld.jpg

A set for the Stark Bros car has also been added:
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/Stark.jpg

--
Jerry Glow
The Villages FL
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals/

Thomas Baker

Clark,

You had better luck than I with Micro-Scale decals. I had an S-scale set of Micro-Scale for a Wescott & WInks refrigerator car. True, I had purchased the decals a few years ago. I put one segment after another into the water only to see them disintegrate. Not very far into theprocess I stopped and managed to salvage enough for one side. I hope I can use that side to make a copy onto decal copy paper.

Tom
[...]

Joel Holmes <lehighvalley@...>

Hi Jerry,

The Stark decals are not on your list of decals. How much are you
charging for them, $4.50 or more?

Joel Holmes

`New this week are sets for a C&NW USRA rebuild
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/CNW_rebuild.jpg and a Rock
Island USRA rebuild http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/RI_rbld.jpg

A set for the Stark Bros car has also been added:
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/Stark.jpg

--
Jerry Glow
The Villages FL
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals/

jerryglow2

Sorry - you're right. I put the illustration up but haven't added them to the list. HO version is $4.50 + $.50 postage.

Jerry Glow

asychis@...

Clark,

You had better luck than I with Micro-Scale decals. I had an S-scale set
of Micro-Scale for a Wescott & WInks refrigerator car. True, I had purchased
the decals a few years ago. I put one segment after another into the water
only to see them disintegrate. Not very far into theprocess I stopped and
managed to salvage enough for one side. I hope I can use that side to make a
copy onto decal copy paper.

Tom

Tom, how many years is a "few?" I have had the same experience, but it
was admittedly with decals that were very old. I have never had this problem
with Microscale decals that were less than five years old.

Jerry Michels

Thomas Baker

Clark,

You are right: I have had these decals around for at least ten years or better. I have some old CHAMP decals in S -scale but use the MICRO-SCALE decal preserver fluid on them or else spray them with GLOSSCOTE before using them, and that is probably what I should have done with the MICRO-SCALE decals for the W&W car. I buy up decals in S that I think I might use later because often an outfit offers something, the owner dies or quits the production, and then when I want them they're not available.

Tom
You had better luck than I with Micro-Scale decals. I had an S-scale set
of Micro-Scale for a Wescott & WInks refrigerator car. True, I had purchased
the decals a few years ago. I put one segment after another into the water
only to see them disintegrate. Not very far into theprocess I stopped and
managed to salvage enough for one side. I hope I can use that side to make a
copy onto decal copy paper.

Tom

Tom, how many years is a "few?" I have had the same experience, but it
was admittedly with decals that were very old. I have never had this problem
with Microscale decals that were less than five years old.

Jerry Michels

O Fenton Wells

I don't want to sound negative here but I've had a similiar problem and
part of the fact was I didn't know how long the decals were on the
hobbyshop shelf. I now order all my Microscale direct and they work
great. If I'm not sure of the age, (no born on date) I overspray the
decals with a thin coat of Crystal Cote and they seem to stay together just
fine.
Fenton Wells
On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM, <asychis@...> wrote:

**

Clark,

You had better luck than I with Micro-Scale decals. I had an S-scale set
of Micro-Scale for a Wescott & WInks refrigerator car. True, I had
purchased
the decals a few years ago. I put one segment after another into the water
only to see them disintegrate. Not very far into theprocess I stopped and
managed to salvage enough for one side. I hope I can use that side to make
copy onto decal copy paper.

Tom

Tom, how many years is a "few?" I have had the same experience, but it
was admittedly with decals that were very old. I have never had this
problem
with Microscale decals that were less than five years old.

Jerry Michels

Fenton Wells
3047 Creek Run
Sanford NC 27332