Jerry,

More likely the reference is to Jersey, as in Jersey cows, a breed of light brown dairy cattle from Jersey (England, not New Jersey).

Dick

On Apr 21, 2012, at 10:12 AM, jerryglow@... wrote:

I will if you send what you have or some good copy. I figured your interest would be the Iowa one but did notice some mention of "Jersy Gold" on the MS sheet which would put it closer to O&W country if that referred to New Jersey.

Jerry Glow

Bill Schneider

Jerry,

As far as I know, there was no connection between W&W and the O&W. W&W just knew a good logo when they saw it!

Bill Schneider

From: jerryglow@...
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:21 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Wescott and Winks was Re: new decals

What is the association if any to the NYO&W or did they just "borrow" their logo?

Jerry Glow

--- In mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com, Thomas Baker <bakert@...> wrote:

Clark,

You had better luck than I with Micro-Scale decals. I had an S-scale set of Micro-Scale for a Wescott & WInks refrigerator car. True, I had purchased the decals a few years ago. I put one segment after another into the water only to see them disintegrate. Not very far into theprocess I stopped and managed to salvage enough for one side. I hope I can use that side to make a copy onto decal copy paper.

Tom

--- In mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com, Gerald Glow <jerryglow@> wrote:

`New this week are sets for a C&NW USRA rebuild
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/CNW_rebuild.jpg and a Rock
Island USRA rebuild http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/RI_rbld.jpg

A set for the Stark Bros car has also been added:
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/Stark.jpg

--
Jerry Glow
The Villages FL

jerryglow2

I will if you send what you have or some good copy. I figured your interest would be the Iowa one but did notice some mention of "Jersy Gold" on the MS sheet which would put it closer to O&W country if that referred to New Jersey.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., Thomas Baker <bakert@...> wrote:

Jerry,

Yes, I never thought of a connection between the two. I do not know how many plants Wescott & WInks had. The only one I know of was in Summner, Iowa, served by the Chicago Great Western. Whether there were other plants elsewhere I don't know. Are you going to make a Westcott & Winks decal?

Tom

Thomas Baker