decals derailed

jerryglow2

I regret to inform you that effective immediately, I'm suspending all
decal sales. The mechanical issues with the printer at the print house
that does my printing continues to worsen making it impossible to
guarantee delivery in a timely manner. I will post here when the
situation is solved and sales resume.

I will do my best to fill any current open orders with decals on hand,
and refunds partial or full issued.

My web site will also contain notification when the situation improves
so check it occasionally.

--
Jerry Glow
The Villages FL

James Babcock

Thank you for the notice. I hope that the situation resolves itself quickly.
Jim

________________________________

I regret to inform you that effective immediately, I'm suspending all
decal sales. The mechanical issues with the printer at the print house
that does my printing continues to worsen making it impossible to
guarantee delivery in a timely manner. I will post here when the
situation is solved and sales resume.

I will do my best to fill any current open orders with decals on hand,
and refunds partial or full issued.

My web site will also contain notification when the situation improves
so check it occasionally.

--
Jerry Glow
The Villages FL
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals/

messagefrombirdland

Jerry,
Hope you are able to get back up and running! The decals you have done for me in the past have been great.
John

--- In STMFC@..., Gerald Glow <jerryglow@...> wrote:

I regret to inform you that effective immediately, I'm suspending all
decal sales. The mechanical issues with the printer at the print house
that does my printing continues to worsen making it impossible to
guarantee delivery in a timely manner. I will post here when the
situation is solved and sales resume.

I will do my best to fill any current open orders with decals on hand,
and refunds partial or full issued.

My web site will also contain notification when the situation improves
so check it occasionally.

--
Jerry Glow
The Villages FL
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals/

Richard Brennan <brennan8@...>

Jerry

Thank you for your timely heads-up!
I hope your print source is able to resolve this soon...

All
I've had great service from Jerry on several past orders...
and appreciate his ethical approach to this niche business.

This is in stark contrast to at least one other decal supplier...
who kept (keeps?) taking orders AFTER his own ALPS printer(s) failed,
hoping (unrealistically) to amass enough backorders to fund a new one.
<<grrrr>>

--------------------
Richard Brennan
<somewhere between Budapest and Shenzhen>
--------------------

At 05:54 AM 4/27/2012, Gerald Glow wrote:
I regret to inform you that effective immediately, I'm suspending all
decal sales. The mechanical issues with the printer at the print house
that does my printing continues to worsen making it impossible to
guarantee delivery in a timely manner. I will post here when the
situation is solved and sales resume.

I will do my best to fill any current open orders with decals on hand,
and refunds partial or full issued.

My web site will also contain notification when the situation improves
so check it occasionally.

--
Jerry Glow
The Villages FL
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals/

Barrybennetttoo@...

And also takes your money in full knowledge and then ignores emails for the
last 6 months. Even more irritating is that he tells you he has all your
decals in stock, then after receiving, in my case $68 in cash, mails to say
his printers are broken and that it will be several months before they are
repaired.

Barry Bennett

brennan8@... writes:

[...]

Brian Ehni <behni@...>

I'd be (ahem) Grumpy if someone did that to me.

Thanks!
--

Brian P. Ehni

From: <Barrybennetttoo@...>
Date: Monday, April 30, 2012 3:24 PM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] decals derailed

brennan8@... <mailto:brennan8%40earthlink.net> writes:

[...]

I am very grumpy, and have been warning off potential customers whenever
they appear on various lists. If he was here in the UK he would have appeared
in the small claims court by now and earned a criminal record.

But shush, no more as I hear the jingle jangle of keys.

Barry

From: <_Barrybennetttoo@... (mailto:Barrybennetttoo@...) >
Date: Monday, April 30, 2012 3:24 PM
To: STMFC List <_STMFC@... (mailto:STMFC@...) >

[...]

I sure wish you had worded that differently or started a new thread. One could easily assume you were talking about me - a situation that can easily ruin one's (mine) reputation. I specifically posted to avoid that and to date, most have told me to just hold the order until ready. I'm currently not even depositing checks until I start getting material back from the printer.

BTW: we think the problems are isolated with cyan only so they're going to try to print work this week that does not require it.

brennan8@... writes:

Jerry

Thank you for your timely heads-up!
I hope your print source is able to resolve this soon...

All
I've had great service from Jerry on several past orders...
and appreciate his ethical approach to this niche business.

This is in stark contrast to at least one other decal supplier...
who kept (keeps?) taking orders AFTER his own ALPS printer(s) failed,
hoping (unrealistically) to amass enough backorders to fund a new one.
<<grrrr>>

--------------------
Richard Brennan
<somewhere between Budapest and Shenzhen>
--------------------

Paul Koehler <buygone@...>

Jerry:

To help all of those people that might be inclined to think that this
discussion was about you. Let me help to try and set the record straight.
Jerry has done two different sets of decals for me. He did them very
quickly, correctly and reasonable priced. I would go back to him the next
time that I need some more decals made.

Paul C. Koehler

_____

--- In STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> ,

brennan8@... writes:

Jerry

Thank you for your timely heads-up!
I hope your print source is able to resolve this soon...

All
I've had great service from Jerry on several past orders...
and appreciate his ethical approach to this niche business.

This is in stark contrast to at least one other decal supplier...
who kept (keeps?) taking orders AFTER his own ALPS printer(s) failed,
hoping (unrealistically) to amass enough backorders to fund a new one.
<<grrrr>>

--------------------
Richard Brennan
<somewhere between Budapest and Shenzhen>
--------------------

Larry Sexton

All,

The email below is a prime example why, if you choose to make negative comments on this list about services or products, you need to be careful when tying onto an ongoing thread not to give a appearance that you are discussing the person who has tried to ensure that the list members understand the problem he now faces and is trying to rectify. Best to take the complaints off-line since the website’s rules of engagement prevent us from actually naming the guilty parties.

I’ve purchased decals from Jerry several times and will do so many times again as he continues to produce freightcar decals that are clear, accurate and reasonable. Who else will undertake to create some of the decals we’ve requested without any guarantee others will purchase them as well.

For me, I appreciate Jerry providing a heads-up regarding the status of his decal printing. Thanks Jerry.

Larry Sexton

[...]

Thomas Baker

Jerry's work is great, and he will undoubtedly return to producing decals as soon as the problem with his printer is fixed. I have purchased numerous sets from him, and they are all of high quality.

Tom

brennan8@... writes:

Jerry

Thank you for your timely heads-up!
I hope your print source is able to resolve this soon...

All
I've had great service from Jerry on several past orders...
and appreciate his ethical approach to this niche business.

This is in stark contrast to at least one other decal supplier...
who kept (keeps?) taking orders AFTER his own ALPS printer(s) failed,
hoping (unrealistically) to amass enough backorders to fund a new one.
<<grrrr>>

--------------------
Richard Brennan
<somewhere between Budapest and Shenzhen>
--------------------

Scott Pitzer

I would nominate Jerry Glow to be on a U.S. postage stamp (perhaps the first wet-slide stamp...)
But, you have to be dead to be on a stamp and I don't want to start THAT rumor!
Scott Pitzer

asychis@...

But, you have to be dead to be on a stamp and I don't want to start THAT
rumor!

No longer, the UPSP has now changed its long-standing rules to allow living
persons to be on stamps. The first should be this year. It's a big
controversy with stamp collectors.

Anyway, I will join the chorus and state that Jerry has done a great job
for me and the Amarillo Railroad Museum in the past and I look forward to his
future efforts.

Jerry Michels

Clark Propst

Alps printer, Grumpy, How many hints do you need to know who they were talking about?

Jerry's my go to guy. Jerry probably thinks I got to him too much : )

Clark Propst

peteraue

Jerry,

Please contact me offline. I may be able to help you. I have been dealing with a reliable decal printer who is NOT using the obsolete Alps printing technology.

Peter Aue

John Hagen <sprinthag@...>

Peter,

Jerry’s printer uses a digital screen print process, not an Alps.

But as long as you chose to lambast Alps printers, while the printer design
is passé the Thermo Transfer technology they use is not. And, even if the
Alps printers are aged and on their last, shaky, legs, an Alps printer with
a good head still does a great job.

John Hagen

Please contact me offline. I may be able to help you. I have been dealing
with a reliable decal printer who is NOT using the obsolete Alps printing
technology.

Peter Aue

Brian Ehni <behni@...>

WHEN you can get it to work. I'm dealing with what I've narrowed down as a
computer issue, as my new-in-the-box ALPS is behaving the same as my
original one.

Thanks!
--

Brian P. Ehni

From: John Hagen <sprinthag@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:52 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@...>

Peter,

Jerry抯 printer uses a digital screen print process, not an Alps.