Terminolgy (Was: Re: Roller Bearing advantage)

mopacfirst

I too am a mechanical engineer, and I thought I was the one who pushed Richard's button.

I spend a considerable amount of time trying to get young engineers to use the specific terminology or the terminology that's actually used in standards, and the best I can get is that, after they've already picked up all the informal terms and the terms that became obsolete thirty years ago that everyone still uses, that some of them can remember to use the proper terminology when they come to see me because they know I'll correct them.

So much for leaving the world a better place.....

Ron Merrick