Resin kit wanted: Westerfield ATSF SK-L,N,P

Steve SANDIFER

With all of this talk about folks having more kits than they will ever
build, I thought I would ask if anyone has a Westerfield kit for the ATSF
SK-L, N, or P stock cars that they would like to get rid of to free up shelf
space. I have built two of them but would like a couple more. I've built 16
stock cars since July, so I'm on a roll. Please contact me off list if you
have one to spare.

J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer

mailto:steve.sandifer@...

Office: Southwest Central Church of Christ, 4011 W. Bellfort, Houston, TX
77025, 713-667-9417

Joseph

Any fingerprints left? you probably could make another kit with all of that resin dust.....
joe binish

With all of this talk about folks having more kits than they will ever
build, I thought I would ask if anyone has a Westerfield kit for the ATSF
SK-L, N, or P stock cars that they would like to get rid of to free up shelf
space. I have built two of them but would like a couple more. I've built 16
stock cars since July, so I'm on a roll. Please contact me off list if you
have one to spare.

J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer

mailto:steve.sandifer@...

Office: Southwest Central Church of Christ, 4011 W. Bellfort, Houston, TX
77025, 713-667-9417

tyesac@...

Steve,

I know exactly what you mean. I have three that are about 90% complete, and also would buy more if they were available. One went through Ebay a few months ago and the final price was pretty high.

Hopefully the new owner would consider reissuing these.

Tom Casey

[...]

Steve Stull

--- On Wed, 5/2/12, tyesac@... <tyesac@...> wrote:

Hopefully the new owner would consider reissuing these.

Tom Casey

I for one would be greatly appreciative if that came to pass. Purchased 2 when they were released, but would like to get my hands on several more.

Since they were marketed as limited run anniversary special, I wonder if there may be a constraint in the purchase contract which would not allow another run?

Steve Stull

charles slater

Sunshine Models is looking at doing them, at least the rebuilt 1942 version. Sunshine has the Sk-M and Sk-O coming out this summer at the Temple, Texas SFRH&MS convention, I am building the pilot models now.
Charlie Slater

To: STMFC@...
From: winslow7076@...
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 20:27:22 -0700
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Resin kit wanted: Westerfield ATSF SK-L,N,P

--- On Wed, 5/2/12, tyesac@... <tyesac@...> wrote:

Hopefully the new owner would consider reissuing these.

Tom Casey
I for one would be greatly appreciative if that came to pass. Purchased 2 when they were released, but would like to get my hands on several more.

Since they were marketed as limited run anniversary special, I wonder if there may be a constraint in the purchase contract which would not allow another run?

Steve Stull

Steve SANDIFER

Good. I will have on display examples of the SK-N, P, Q, R, S, T, U, Z, 2,
3, 4 & 5 and will do a clinic on the Santa Fe livestock service.

http://atsfrr.net/resources/Sandifer/Clinics/Stk/10b.htm

From: winslow7076@...
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 20:27:22 -0700

--- On Wed, 5/2/12, tyesac@... <tyesac@...> wrote:

Hopefully the new owner would consider reissuing these.

Tom Casey
I for one would be greatly appreciative if that came to pass. Purchased 2
when they were released, but would like to get my hands on several more.

Since they were marketed as limited run anniversary special, I wonder if
there may be a constraint in the purchase contract which would not allow
another run?

Steve Stull

dahminator68

Hello the group.  My name is Andrew Dahm and I have taken over the Westerfield Model business.  I just wanted to say that the ATSF SK-L, N, & P stock cars (Our series #11500)  are still in the Westerfield line and will be available when I start taking new orders.  I can't say when I will be taking new orders yet, as we are still working on backorders transferred from Al Westerfield.  Please feel free to send inquiries about Westerfield products to westerfieldmodels@... or check the website: westerfieldmodels.com.
Andrew

________________________________
Hopefully the new owner would consider reissuing these.

Tom Casey
I for one would be greatly appreciative if that came to pass. Purchased 2 when they were released, but would like to get my hands on several more.

Since they were marketed as limited run anniversary special, I wonder if there may be a constraint in the purchase contract which would not allow another run?

Steve Stull

Steve Stull

Andrew;

Thanks for the information, I'm sure I'll be contacting you once you get into regular production.

Steve Stull

--- On Thu, 5/3/12, Andrew Dahm <dahminator68@...> wrote:

I just wanted to say that the ATSF SK-L, N, & P stock
cars (Our series #11500)  are still in the Westerfield
line and will be available when I start taking new orders.

tyesac@...

Andrew,

Great news & good luck in clearing out the backlog. Many of us look forward to placing new orders.

Tom Casey.

[...]

Clark Propst

If someone really wants a ATSF stock car I have a built up Westerfield car.

Don't know which model in it without digging out the box. I did show it to Steve Sandifer recently.

Photos and price upon request.

Contact me off list if curious.

cepropst@q.com