Whats on the work bench.

Chad Boas

All,
I have added 2 photos in the flat car photos section of the flats I'm working on now. One is the MP 45' and the other is the Southern 53'6".
Thanks, Chad Boas

jerryglow2

I've got the artwork for the MP car done and am working on original and later scheme for the Southern.

Jerry Glow
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals/

--- In STMFC@..., "Chad" <chadboas@...> wrote:

All,
I have added 2 photos in the flat car photos section of the flats I'm working on now. One is the MP 45' and the other is the Southern 53'6".
Thanks, Chad Boas

O Fenton Wells

Great Chad, I'm pumped. I will want at least 2 of the Southern cars and I
will get an eamil out to the Southern modelers Yahoo group.
Fenton

**

--
Fenton Wells
3047 Creek Run

O Fenton Wells

Gerry, please do the 1950's Southern scheme as well (for us old timers).
Fenton Wells

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM, <jerryglow@...> wrote:

**

I've got the artwork for the MP car done and am working on original and
later scheme for the Southern.

Jerry Glow
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals/

--- In STMFC@..., "Chad" <chadboas@...> wrote:

All,
I have added 2 photos in the flat car photos section of the flats I'm
working on now. One is the MP 45' and the other is the Southern 53'6".
Thanks, Chad Boas

--
Fenton Wells
3047 Creek Run
Sanford NC 27332
919-499-5545
srrfan1401@...

James F. Brewer <jfbrewer@...>

I would second this request.

Jim Brewer

Gerry, please do the 1950's Southern scheme as well (for us old timers).
Fenton Wells

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM, <jerryglow@...> wrote:

**

I've got the artwork for the MP car done and am working on original and
later scheme for the Southern.

Jerry Glow
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals/

--- In STMFC@..., "Chad" <chadboas@...> wrote:

All,
I have added 2 photos in the flat car photos section of the flats I'm
working on now. One is the MP 45' and the other is the Southern 53'6".
Thanks, Chad Boas

--
Fenton Wells
3047 Creek Run
Sanford NC 27332
919-499-5545
srrfan1401@...

Bill Welch

Chad, can you please fill us in on the Southern number series you are doing?

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "Chad" <chadboas@...> wrote:

All,
I have added 2 photos in the flat car photos section of the flats I'm working on now. One is the MP 45' and the other is the Southern 53'6".
Thanks, Chad Boas

Chad Boas

Bill,
It is 53'6" long over the deck and 10'4" wide. It has 19 pockets on each side. I am casting the pockets on with the body. The pockets are welded and angled at the bottom. On the sides, it has a distinctive 6" bar that runs along the bottom and has an alternating rivet pattern.
There is a couple pictures of 992036 on the RRPicture arcives in MoW.
Chad Boas

--- In STMFC@..., "lnbill" <fgexbill@...> wrote:

Chad, can you please fill us in on the Southern number series you are doing?

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "Chad" <chadboas@> wrote:

All,
I have added 2 photos in the flat car photos section of the flats I'm working on now. One is the MP 45' and the other is the Southern 53'6".
Thanks, Chad Boas

FRANK PEACOCK

Chad, Was the bar at the bottom edge of the Sou Ry flat car you are modeling 6" or was it 5"? My bet is for the latter. (I think it is 1x5"). Also the stake pockets, at least on the cars that I have photos of, appear to be pressed steel with the angle that was mentioned and riveted to the sides with 4 rivets, but this is hard to see with the shadows on the photos. Is this car one of the SOU 51101- 51600 series? FHP (Frank H. Peacock)

To: STMFC@...
From: chadboas@...
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 22:00:31 +0000
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Whats on the work bench.

Bill,

It is 53'6" long over the deck and 10'4" wide. It has 19 pockets on each side. I am casting the pockets on with the body. The pockets are welded and angled at the bottom. On the sides, it has a distinctive 6" bar that runs along the bottom and has an alternating rivet pattern.

There is a couple pictures of 992036 on the RRPicture arcives in MoW.

Chad Boas

--- In STMFC@..., "lnbill" <fgexbill@...> wrote:

Chad, can you please fill us in on the Southern number series you are doing?
Bill Welch
--- In STMFC@..., "Chad" <chadboas@> wrote:
All,
I have added 2 photos in the flat car photos section of the flats I'm working on now. One is the MP 45' and the other is the Southern 53'6".
Thanks, Chad Boas

Gary Ray

I'm working on making a set of Southern Pacific 1920 True Type fonts based
on SP drawing CF3596. I needed to make some decals and could not find any
accurate fonts to use in designing the decals.

Gary Ray

Thomas Makofski <tmak26@...>

Gary, What program do you use to design your fonts?

Tom Makofski

photo galleries
http://tmak.zenfolio.com/
newifree-mo
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newifreemo/?yguid=353416413

Chad Boas

My print is alittle fuzzy but it probably is 5". The pockets are riveted with 3 on each side and then welded to the overhand ledger. It is a 51101 series. I still have to rivet the cars with those fine Archer decals.
Also forgot to mention that the 3rd flat will be the CB&Q FM14. There might be a 4th in the works. If I can find time to take a drive and go measure it and get photos.
Chad Boas

To: STMFC@...
From: chadboas@...
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 22:00:31 +0000

[...]

A 1998 version of Fontogopher that I purchased years ago very cheaply (less
than $25). Current price is $400. First scanned in images, then cleaned up
in Photoshop because they were drawn on black graph paper, created bit maps
and then to Fontogopher. First time I've tried doing this and I'm very
pleased with the progress.
Gary

From: STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com>
Gary, What program do you use to design your fonts?

Tom Makofski

Tim O'Connor

At 6/2/2012 06:00 PM Saturday, you wrote:
Bill,
It is 53'6" long over the deck and 10'4" wide. It has 19 pockets on each side. I am casting the pockets on with the body. The pockets are welded and angled at the bottom. On the sides, it has a distinctive 6" bar that runs along the bottom and has an alternating rivet pattern.
There is a couple pictures of 992036 on the RRPicture arcives in MoW.
Chad Boas
--- In STMFC@..., "lnbill" <fgexbill@...> wrote:

Chad, can you please fill us in on the Southern number series you are doing?

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "Chad" <chadboas@> wrote:

All,
I have added 2 photos in the flat car photos section of the flats I'm working on now. One is the MP 45' and the other is the Southern 53'6".
Thanks, Chad Boas

rdgbuff56

There was a string of Southern (NS) M-O-W flats in town recently.  It included some of these cars and a few other kinds.  Looking over the stake pocket variations, alterations and other features was a science in itself.  I am not sure if it was this type but one series was built in 1915.

Francis A. Pehowic, Jr.
Sunbury, Pa.

[...]

On the Fallen Flags site under NW MoW, there are pictures of 516968, 516987 and 516999.
Chad Boas