New Shapes to come

Ed <nprybiged@...>

All

I'm going to go to Evergreen and ask them if they would consider
marketing Styrene Rail in HO, O and N scale in codes 100,83 and 55
in packages of 6, in 24" or 36" in lenght.

So, to give them a feeling of what the modelers thing about
buying something like this, would you please let me know what
your thoughts are?

Thank you
Ed Ursem

ronald parisi

Group:

I think that asking them to model in all 3 scales might be excessive. I
would definitely
buy it in HO scale.

Ron parisi

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Ed <nprybiged@comcast.net> wrote:

**

All

I'm going to go to Evergreen and ask them if they would consider
marketing Styrene Rail in HO, O and N scale in codes 100,83 and 55
in packages of 6, in 24" or 36" in lenght.

So, to give them a feeling of what the modelers thing about
buying something like this, would you please let me know what
your thoughts are?

Thank you
Ed Ursem

Brian Ehni <behni@...>

If you make them to CODE, they are scale immaterial. He's only asking for
three sizes.

Thanks!
--

Brian P. Ehni

On 6/20/12 2:02 PM, "ronald parisi" <ronald.parisi@gmail.com> wrote:

Group:

I think that asking them to model in all 3 scales might be excessive. I
would definitely
buy it in HO scale.

Ron parisi

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Ed <nprybiged@comcast.net> wrote:

**

All

I'm going to go to Evergreen and ask them if they would consider
marketing Styrene Rail in HO, O and N scale in codes 100,83 and 55
in packages of 6, in 24" or 36" in lenght.

So, to give them a feeling of what the modelers thing about
buying something like this, would you please let me know what
your thoughts are?

Thank you
Ed Ursem

Dennis Storzek

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <nprybiged@...> wrote:

All

I'm going to go to Evergreen and ask them if they would consider
marketing Styrene Rail in HO, O and N scale in codes 100,83 and 55
in packages of 6, in 24" or 36" in lenght.

So, to give them a feeling of what the modelers thing about
buying something like this, would you please let me know what
your thoughts are?

Thank you
Ed Ursem
You might also want to add Code 125, which would pick up the On3 modelers. The narrow gauge was a big user of re-purposed rail for building bins, and braces of all sorts.

If you find a receptive ear, you might also suggest two more strip sizes at the small end of their selection; .010 x .010, and .010 x .015. All their strip selections end with .020" wide material; these smaller sizes would be useful for building windows, among other things.

Dennis

Ed <nprybiged@...>

Ron

I have dealt in designing model projects in the NPRHA and have
found when we did a model and produced it in HO scale the
first thing we heard was "when are you going to do this in
N Scale?" and then "when are you going to do this in O Scale?"

So that's why I worded the request that way in hopes that I get
responces from all three Scale Modelers.

Yes Ron, I to would only buy HO Scale, but I think, it's only
fair to ask the question in all three scales.

Thanks for your responce Ron
Ed

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, ronald parisi <ronald.parisi@...> wrote:

Group:

I think that asking them to model in all 3 scales might be excessive. I
would definitely
buy it in HO scale.

Ron parisi

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Ed <nprybiged@...> wrote:

**

All

I'm going to go to Evergreen and ask them if they would consider
marketing Styrene Rail in HO, O and N scale in codes 100,83 and 55
in packages of 6, in 24" or 36" in lenght.

So, to give them a feeling of what the modelers thing about
buying something like this, would you please let me know what
your thoughts are?

Thank you
Ed Ursem

Michael Watnoski

Hi Ed, and All,

I would be interested in the code 83 and 55 in long lengths. This is a much needed item for detailing many structures. It was often used for making fences and hose racks, etc around shops.

Michael

On 6/20/2012 2:57 PM, Ed wrote:
All

I'm going to go to Evergreen and ask them if they would consider
marketing Styrene Rail in HO, O and N scale in codes 100,83 and 55
in packages of 6, in 24" or 36" in lenght.

So, to give them a feeling of what the modelers thing about
buying something like this, would you please let me know what
your thoughts are?

Thank you
Ed Ursem

MDelvec952

I'd vote for rail-shapes in various cross sections as well -- very useful when the rest of the structure is in styrene.

I'd also vote for molding the rail-shapes in a "rail brown" color.

....Mike

On 6/20/2012 2:57 PM, Ed wrote:
All

I'm going to go to Evergreen and ask them if they would consider
marketing Styrene Rail in HO, O and N scale in codes 100,83 and 55
in packages of 6, in 24" or 36" in lenght.

So, to give them a feeling of what the modelers thing about
buying something like this, would you please let me know what
your thoughts are?

Thank you
Ed Ursem

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Hello Mike and Group,

Let's not complicate things...

White material is OK. I believe that most of us would paint and weather our own and white is a good place to start.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On 6/20/2012 2:57 PM, Ed wrote:
All

I'm going to go to Evergreen and ask them if they would consider
marketing Styrene Rail in HO, O and N scale in codes 100,83 and 55
in packages of 6, in 24" or 36" in lenght.

So, to give them a feeling of what the modelers thing about
buying something like this, would you please let me know what
your thoughts are?

Thank you
Ed Ursem

jerryglow2

I don't understand the need for it - what's wrong with real rail?

Jerry Glow

On 6/20/2012 2:57 PM, Ed wrote:
All

I'm going to go to Evergreen and ask them if they would consider
marketing Styrene Rail in HO, O and N scale in codes 100,83 and 55
in packages of 6, in 24" or 36" in lenght.

So, to give them a feeling of what the modelers thing about
buying something like this, would you please let me know what
your thoughts are?

Thank you
Ed Ursem

Bill Schneider

Thanks Jerry, I was wondering that myself!

For the few places on my layout that I needed rail shapes I used cut-off bits of rail. About the only place that I really could see a use for plastic rail would be for something like a gon load or similar. I also am missing the need for 36” sections which (as has been stated) would be a nightmare from a distribution standpoint. Assuming the gon load or scenic use, then wouldn’t 39 scale feet work better?

Bill Schneider

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Schneider" <bschneider424@...> wrote:
Assuming the gon load or scenic use, then wouldn’t 39 scale feet work better?

Bill Schneider

I don't understand the need for it - what's wrong with real rail?

Jerry Glow
One of Ed's initial suggested uses was welded rail, either laid out along the ROW, or on a rail train. Actual drawn metal rail is much too stiff to lay on the ground like the prototype, and it certainly won't do for a welded rail train load. Styrene in that small a cross section likely would be limber enough that multiple lengths would bend around curves.

For both these uses long lengths would be advantageous, but desire must be tempered by manufacturing reality. If 24" is the longest length Evergreen can handle within their existing product line, it would still be usefull, and easily filed to splice with scarf joints.

Dennis

John Degnan <Scaler164@...>

Bill and Jerry,

The initial posting (if I'm remembering correctly) dealt with the possibilirty of modeling a "welded rail train"... which cannot be done with actual rail due to it's rigidity. There is also likelihood of cheaper cost when using it for something other than track.

This is just to mention a few of the possibilities and bebefits of such a product.

John Degnan
Scaler164@comcast.net
Scaler187@comcast.net